Best LED Headlight kit?

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
I've been traveling at night more often now and I've been noticing my headlights need to be upgraded. What's the best headlight kit out there besides the really expensive retrofits? I'm a college student btw.. ;-)

Post your pics.
Thanks.

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
I recently put 2 LED headlight kits on my car and truck. The ones on my mustang were getting dim and I had been looking into hid's. I read some positive reviews about the kit LMR was selling. It was one of those mods that made me go WOAH! I turned on the lights and I could see. I could see quite a ways down the road too. I liked the. So much I put them in my F150 and same result.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-9007LED/Mustang-Headlight-LED-Bulb-Kit-94-04

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
I recently put 2 LED headlight kits on my car and truck. The ones on my mustang were getting dim and I had been looking into hid's. I read some positive reviews about the kit LMR was selling. It was one of those mods that made me go WOAH! I turned on the lights and I could see. I could see quite a ways down the road too. I liked the. So much I put them in my F150 and same result.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-9007LED/Mustang-Headlight-LED-Bulb-Kit-94-04

Did you see a major difference between the hi-beams and low-beams?

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
I'll try to get some pictures tonight. Mostly do city driving so I haven't used the hi beams too much. I can say without a doubt I can see better with low beams led's than I ever could with the stock hi beams.

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
Lo beam
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447902626.664339.jpg

Hi beam
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447902593.866039.jpg

Hard to really tell a difference in the picture but it does add a little more height and side lighting when going hi beam. The pics don't really do the brightness justice.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
how much did you need to trim off your headlight retainer thingy? easy to install? been looking for an LED kit that works plug and play.

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
I completely forgot I had to do that to the mustang. On the F150 it didn't require any modification to the retainer. It took me about 5 minutes to do both. I did it with a hacksaw so the cut would be smooth and then filed down any edges. Was pretty easy. I wish LMR would sell you some retainers that would work ready to go but it is an easy mod to do and retainers are cheap.

OnesmokinSS

Established Member
To add to your question. The retainer has tabs that hold onto the headlight and tabs on the inside that hold the old light bulb. You pretty much cut all the retainer just so that you leave all of the tab that holds the retainer to the headlight. All the little tabs that hold the old bulb will be gone.

omj

Established Member
Or they actually LEDs or HID lights? Can someone compare LED vs HID if that is case?

Users who are viewing this thread