best LCA's on the market?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I've heard all different kinds of claims from every manufacturer I could contact. They all want you to buy their stuff claiming that theirs is the best. When in fact most of it is pretty good. You just have to match the components to your needs/wants.

I'm going with the Steeda HD lowers and Steeda adjustable uppers. This way I can adjust mine for track visits and then put them back to corner carving lenghts. This ofcourse, is just my opinion. Just avoid stock style "boxed" arms. They are almost as costly as a good set of HD or tubular arms and not nearly as strong. ;-)

TcM-668

Just remember that there is more to your suspension than just the LCAs. Depending on $$, you should consider the whole system, UCA, LCA, Shocks, etc. Just replacing the LCA is not going to transform your car into a supercar...

While not a Cobra, I have HP Motorsport Megabite Jrs. on my '93 LX. I love them...Without them (and Eibach Drag Springs, Hotchkiss Adjustable UCAs, Edelbrock IAS Shocks) and their ability to hook hard with the right tires, I would not have trashed my T-5....I now have a Tremec 3550 (I think I needed an excuse for getting it hehehe )...So just remember that as you start hooking up harder, you may break things somewhere else...

The Megabite Jrs have 2 positions, one for factory ride, and one for agressive. The Megabite Sr. have spherical bearings for the back, so there is less suspension bind, but they are a little more expensive.

On my '93 Conv, I am going Steeda G-Trac Stage 1-3 and on my '00 R, I am going with the full Kenny Brown Modified IRS with coil-overs...

All in all though, Any good set of control arms should do you fine.

I know that Factory Five Racing used to have the whole set, uppers and lowers for around $ 200. That is what I was looking at initially, until I came across the MB Jrs and set for a real good price.

Keep in mind the need for good sub-frame connectors too...Do a lot of research before spending your cash, cause you could be asking for troubles down the road, by spending without thinking...

Good Luck...

Don

'00 R # 152
'93 GT Conv
'93 LX Coupe
'92 Honda Accord
'89 Isuzu Imark Hatch, SunSport

Users who are viewing this thread