Best intake?

shiftknob

My next car will be RWD
Established Member
Hey guys, my buddy just got a silver 04' Marauder, used but mint with only 18k on the odometer, bone stock.. Love the car, these things rock.

Anyways, I know a bit about the cars but what intake do you guys reccomend? He wants to do an intake since its a cheap bolt on, he's into cars but not as much as me and most of the guys. Anyways the KN FIPK looks nice, I know the FIPK is a great system and I saw a dyno on their site yielding 17hp...not bad at all..any other reccomendations for other intakes? And other mods as well.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Have you buddie register over at www.mercurymarauder.net

JLT offers a CAI kit. I have it and it works

K&N has a nice CAI also. Very nice looking - almost OEM. Except it is a little pricey.

MENACE

Banned
Get the K&N intake and he will be very happy. I don't recommend the others. Also, if he wants some real power get a Trilogy Motorsports Supercharger.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MENACE said:
Get the K&N intake and he will be very happy. I don't recommend the others. Also, if he wants some real power get a Trilogy Motorsports Supercharger.

I agree with half of this :) , seen lots of the intakes, the K&N is definately the way to go.

Since it's been sooooo boring lately, have I told you guys recently how much I just LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE my PROCHARGER!

intake23fc.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

rocknrod

Car Builder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
I agree with half of this :) , seen lots of the intakes, the K&N is definately the way to go.

Since it's been sooooo boring lately, have I told you guys recently how much I just LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE my PROCHARGER!
Ya someone told m e those were the "best" to have, whats up with that?

mpearce

NATCA Member
Established Member
I have the K&N. It's a nice looking unit, and is very well put together, and is rock solid. At wide open, the sound is much deeper and throaty. I don't know about 17rwhp on a dyno...maybe for the supercharged cars. Mine yielded between 7-10rwhp on a N/A car.

-Mat

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I just ordered the CAI, from what I have heard it is a gret CAI. Really doesnt matter what you go wiht, they all do the same thing. Your gonna get alot of opinions on waht the best. All depends on your budget too, I got my JLT for $155 shipped.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread