best intake manifold for an E-cam 306.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
I posted this first in "other fast Fords" & got zero response.
Perhaps more folks read this section.

The car is a full weight 92 LX hatch..
Heads are 58 cc AFR 165's.
It made good power to 5300...then nosed over pretty bad on the dyno graph.
It's got good driveability..No issues..
Walbro 255 pump with 24lb injectors.
It made 283 rwhp/328 tq

Shorty headers /Off road H/Flowmaster 2 chambers

The current manifold is an UNPORTED FRPP GT-40..
Keeping this manifold appeals to me..I think its a cool looking unit.
But the heads seem to want more than what it can give..
Is it worth porting ?
Or should I ditch it for something better.
Please limit the discussion to the manifold..Because the E cam/FRPP 1.7s stay put.

red95gts

Established Member
Systemax is about the only intake out there that has a decent-sized cross-section, yet long enough runners to keep the tuned RPM in/around 6000rpm.

Are you sure you don't have a restriction elsewhere causing the 5300rpm nose-over?

Good Luck

TFStang

Established Member
I have the Trickflow Track Heat and I made 304 RWHP without my blower and TFS twisted wedge heads. Not pretty like the GT40 intake, but it gets the job done.

P.S. If you want more power, get rid of the shorties and go long tubes. You will not regret it!

04ASSASSIN

Established Member
i have the same heads with a edelbrock performer rpm 2 and made 342hp and 332tq with stock short block hope this helps

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The GT40 can make pretty decent power. If you like the looks of the GT40, then I would port the lower intake to match the heads & then gasket match the port entries to the upper.

I have made good power with a GT40 this way. A friend of mine just installed my old heavily ported GT40 intake on his 95GT. The car made 536 rwhp with a 306, unported twisted wedge heads, e-cam, and 14 psi Vortech.

I have had good results with the Edlebrock Performer intake too. The Holley Systemax intake I had was horrible about sucking oil through the PCV. On my previous 347 stroker there was only 10hp difference between 93 Cobra intake and the Systemax intake up to the 6000 rpm limiter

Users who are viewing this thread