Best intake and tuner for new 5.0

Onefstpny

WOT you Say ???
Established Member
Well after 5 years with out a mustang I just picked up a 2011 GT, cars drives and rides a lot different than the old Mach I had. First mod I looking into is a cold air intake and SCT tuner but I'm wondering who has had the best luck with the mail ordered kits. I like the Steeda intake, even seen claims of 44 rwhp and 52 ft lbs torque.
I plan on adding headers x pipe and axle back in a few months then swap 3:73's for a 4:30. Just looking for some REAL world opinions.

Thanks Cody

ncarter124

Established Member
I am also looking for one, and I really don't want to hijack the OP's threads, but can some of you also chime in regarding any tunes/intakes that are good or bad regarding throwing CEL's?

Sorry, I'm shopping for them also and have heard a lot of issues with CEL's with various intakes and tunes.

Onefstpny

WOT you Say ???
Established Member
It looks as if most the mail tunes are tuned by Lund, lethal had their kits at 799 and were mailed with Lund tunes. I think the kit from Steeda was sent with his tune.

Last edited:

DIB5.0

Established Member
Airaid or JLT and Lund tune. I have several tunes and Lund is the best of the bunch.

texaswrx

Established Member
I have the Airaid CAI and Bama tune, via American Muscle. I have been happy so far with my choice. You can also PM for a SVT discount.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i don't think you'll find a "best", the top names should give very similar results. i would suggest a JLT intake though, love those things!

ls1eater

Established Member
Never understood why people ever bought mail order tunes.....Every car runs different, get an intake you like and get it custom tuned at a dyno shop....

ViciousJay

Established Member
Never understood why people ever bought mail order tunes.....Every car runs different, get an intake you like and get it custom tuned at a dyno shop....

because its kinda hard to **** up an intake, midpipe tune. Also these motors and tuners know these cars

Onefstpny

WOT you Say ???
Established Member
Once my car is full bolt on I plan to have it Dyno tuned, we have a local shop but they haven't tuned any new 5.0's. Closet shop to me is JMS. I like the Steeda intake the best but worry about air temps increasing when its 90' at night with 85% humidity.

Users who are viewing this thread