Best initial lifting point on these models

darksykal

Established Member
Hi All,

I see the jacking stand points for these cars by the tires, but does anyone have a good picture of where to do the initial lift?

I don't want to lift each wheel individually due to stress on the frame so was hoping to lift it somewhere in the center front.

Hard to tell due to track pack and the splitter covering a lot underneath.

Thanks in advance

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I know many will scold for such, but I lift mine all the time by the center of the k member where it meets the splitter, then immediately to jack stands where the side jacking points are.

GTMAN212

Established Member
Hi All,

I see the jacking stand points for these cars by the tires, but does anyone have a good picture of where to do the initial lift?

I don't want to lift each wheel individually due to stress on the frame so was hoping to lift it somewhere in the center front.

Hard to tell due to track pack and the splitter covering a lot underneath.

Thanks in advance

You are not going to hurt the car by lifting it on each corner. When i have to jack up my car in the front i lift it by the end of the k-member and in the rear I lift it by the jack point under the rocker.

darksykal

Established Member
I know many will scold for such, but I lift mine all the time by the center of the k member where it meets the splitter, then immediately to jack stands where the side jacking points are.

i was thinking this was a good spot as well. why is it looked down on?

(see image to confirm- red dot marked)

Attachments

• 20200228_170419.jpg
    20200228_170419.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 133

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
i was thinking this was a good spot as well. why is it looked down on?

(see image to confirm- red dot marked)
Im not sure, but some car guys freak out over such. Ive done so all my life for the most part. I have seen factory pinch rail jacking spots bend and cave in from abusive jacking/leveraging practices. Just dont rush and be safe about it. Like Cman said, its not a twig.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Make jacking pucks using hockey pucks for the pinch welds and u won't damage the car lifting in those areas.

GDDYUP

Established Member
Subframes are fine to lift from. It's when you get into people lifting cars from radiator supports and such that causes problems. Subrframes are part of the unibody when they're bolted in and tight, unlike radiator supports. I need to install some driving light replacement bulbs and do an oil change this week and I'll probably lift it right from that spot since my quickjacks are leaking and I haven't fixed them yet!

Users who are viewing this thread