Best Handling/Riding Suspension Package out there today for $1000 to $3000..

Deranged2013

Established Member
Steeda Sport Springs (1"drop in the front, 1.25" in the rear)
Koni STR struts and shocks
Steeda HD strut mounts
WL panhard bar

I put this set up on my GT track pack car. Definitely recommend if you DD with occasional spirited driving. The car handled much better but remained very smooth. No added NVH and didn't jar the car when hitting rough spots in the road. Not sure how they made it handle so well and remain smooth. Usually when your goal is to make your car handle better, you have to sacrifice some comfort, but with Steeda Sports and Konis', not so much. Best of both worlds.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You could almost get a Griggs Super Street Package for that much. At the Very Least Lower Control Arms w brackets, Panhard Rod, Torque Arm and Koil Overs. Would be roughly 3500 range and that would be a very good setup. I would speak with Van at Revan Racing and see what he can put together for you.

This right here. This is the best handling kit in your price range.

az20115.0

Established Member
ok.. I watched the Vorshlag video and the guy int he video mentioned that that with ats shocks and coilovers they dropped 4 seconds on a 2 min track.. though I did not hear exactly which springs they were.. 4 seconds is very good for only suspension mods and nothing else

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Vorshla...08819_k2XVXB#!i=2323095759&k=pNB4Hw6&lb=1&s=A

They seem to have several spring rates available with no height drop info

Last edited:

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
ok.. I watched the Vorshlag video and the guy int he video mentioned that that with ats shocks and coilovers they dropped 4 seconds on a 2 min track.. though I did not hear exactly which springs they were.. 4 seconds is very good for only suspension mods and nothing else

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Vorshla...08819_k2XVXB#!i=2323095759&k=pNB4Hw6&lb=1&s=A

They seem to have several spring rates available with no height drop info

The video was made with the BTS Eibach springs. The best overall spring package is the Ford K springs (lower with good rates) with the P springs (not as low, but better rates) coming in second.

The only place we note the amount of drop is in the options pull down bar on the order page. The numbers after each spring are the amount a stock GT will be lowered, front and rear.

Bilstein_spring_options.jpg

Dave5.0

Established Member
The AST are in another level then KW and the like of. It's a coilover design that is comfortable yet firm in corners. It's maybe a 7.5/10 on the handling scale. A 10/10 would be the complete 4 corner Ohlin setup from CorteX.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
IMO, op should get coilovers (any brand is good) I have megan racing on mine, they're wonderful, I can adjust the height; still working on the settings. I installed them 3 days ago.
With that said, Coilovers and watts link with an upgraded front sway bar and you're set. Griggs is bad ass and I would do that if its a strictly track car, but:
Coilovers
Watts Link
Upgraded Front Sway bars
Should do the trick

az20115.0

Established Member
The video was made with the BTS Eibach springs. The best overall spring package is the Ford K springs (lower with good rates) with the P springs (not as low, but better rates) coming in second.

The only place we note the amount of drop is in the options pull down bar on the order page. The numbers after each spring are the amount a stock GT will be lowered, front and rear.

Bilstein_spring_options.jpg

I was talking about the ATS adjustable coil over package.. So was just wondering what the drop levels are.. for example 1 to 2.5 inches etc..

modernbeat

Jason at Vorshlag
Established Member
I was talking about the ATS adjustable coil over package.. So was just wondering what the drop levels are.. for example 1 to 2.5 inches etc..

1.75 to 2.75 inches with the springs we offer. You can actually go further, but you end up running out of stroke on one end or the other which would need a much stiffer spring to limit the movement you will see, and a corresponding revalve to handle the stiffer springs.

Users who are viewing this thread