Best hand detail?

Blachatch

Established Member
Anyone have any tips on a good hand detail? I dont have a PC i just do it the old school way by hand.. can someone give me some good products that work good by hand application? Its for a black car.. want to buy a nice package for the spring for my daily driver to clean up after 6 months of ohio winter.

thanks

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Good luck!

I would pick up Klasse AIO, Duragloss 105 and 601, Pinnacle Souveran! You can use all these by hand and you should get good results, and you can also use these with great results with a PC!

Blachatch

Established Member
Im just looking for something with good results.. not looking for perfect since it will be by hand.! ^^I will look into those thanks!

Would the Clearkote killer combo be a good choice?

Last edited:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
this SWIRL ELIMINATOR™ & POLISH
http://www.prowax.com/polish.shtml
P-21.jpg

followed by this SATIN CREME™
http://www.prowax.com/waxes.shtml
P-35-H_SatnCreme.jpg

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
You sure you'll be able to remove swirls by hand with that first stuff, or would he be using it just for the polish factor...?

yes it does a great job on swirls i've never had any problem with any after using it on many cars.

jcobra

Established Member
Good luck getting swirls out without a machine. Unless your hand is really fast that is.

Blachatch

Established Member
my car is brand new.. and im just looking for something to keep it in good condition.. there arent any swirls yet.

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
my car is brand new.. and im just looking for something to keep it in good condition.. there arent any swirls yet.

Your black car will have swirls sooner than later, you need to use a good wash method ( 2 bucket ) to prevent as many of the swirls as you can. Use quality mitts and quality microfiber towels.
I like to use
Poorboysworld
fk1products

Good luck with the hand job.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member

I have a hard time believing there aren't ANY swirls. In fact, some of the worst swirls I've seen are when the dealer is done washing the car and puts it out on the lot.

danponjican

Established Member
If the paint is new and they're aren't many swirls I would go with Duragloss 101 followed by 105 the next day. I think you'll be impressed. 101 has good cleaning and light polishing abilities which works perfect for hand applications.

Scott P

Established Member
If you are looking for a one step product, then I'd lean towards Poorboy's Polish with Sealant or Polish with Carnauba - Blue or Optimum Poli-Seal.

For a two step process, your choices expand and that will make your paint look better. The Clearkote Killer Combo has been used by many here and is one of my most popular kits. The Poorboy's World Power Pair is another excellent kit that will make you paint look great with just hand application.

You maintain that look with a quick detail spray. Clearkote Quik Shine and Poorboy's Spray & Gloss are some of the best out there.

Scott P

Established Member
The Clearkote Killer Combo is great for paint in good condition with maybe some light swirls. It adds excellent depth and wetness on darker colors. It is probably the easiest to use.

The Poorboy's Power Pair has better cleaning abilities. You'll get a good 20+ cars out of the jar of wax. It's still easy to use, don't get me wrong. It's just not as easy as the Killer Combo.

Users who are viewing this thread