Best for my color car???

Which Looks the BEST on a Screaming Yellow Cobra???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SugeMike

Established Member
Well, I've been looking online for a porter cable and have found a few packages that look pretty good. I remember reading something about how one kind looks better on darker cars while others look better on lighter cars. Now im not sure if this is true or not but if it is, which one would look better on my car? I mainly want it to have a nice deep shine and be able to get the swirls out.
-Mike

Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Here's my advice Mike

Buy Menzerna Nano and the Intensive Polish first - IP for the swirls and the Nano of Final Finish for gloss

Klasse AIO is a must and easy to put on - depth and clarity or your can do the XMT 360 which is easy to use as well. Both are great products!

Pinnacle Liquid or Paste

I also have some products that I could hook you up with that I haven't used in a while to get you started with a PC. Stop by and pick it up!

Last edited:

mixxer

Established Member
With yellow your goal to make it look best would be similar to a dark colored car--DEEP AND WET. If you want durabilty i wouldclean it with klasse AIO, seal it with FOURSTAR UPP then top with Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. If your interested in looks only then then skip the UPP. For yellow and white a good paint cleaner is just as important as last step process. for polishes what zax said cant go wront with MENZERNA!

SugeMike

Established Member
I guess thats what i get confused on. The sealants and waxes and polishes and stuff like that. I'm guessing you do them in a particular order. All of these are put on with the pc right? I'm going to have to take you up on that offer Jason. Thanks for the input.
-Mike

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Mike - I have a couple of details to do, stop by and see how I do it and ask away. PM me your cell #

SugeMike

Established Member
When are you doing them?? I wont be able to make it anytime from today until friday because im oncall right now. Do you have any next weekend?? I'm free then.
-Mike

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I guess thats what i get confused on. The sealants and waxes and polishes and stuff like that. I'm guessing you do them in a particular order. All of these are put on with the pc right? I'm going to have to take you up on that offer Jason. Thanks for the input.
-Mike

Polishing is the step where you get all your paint defects out, all your swirls scratches and whatnot. Sealants are your last step product. You have your Synthetic sealants and Waxes...both do the same thing but have different advantages. so your steps should go as follows...trying to be basic
#1 wash car
#2 Claybar
#3 Polish the car
#4 Use a All in One product to prep the surface for your sealant
#5 wax it or use a synthetic sealant.
#6 grab a beer and stare at it

Some of these steps you will prefer doing by hand...personally the only step i use a PC or machine on is the Polishing step...

Last edited:

Scott P

Established Member
Since you are just getting a Porter Cab;e, I would suggest either Menzerna or Poorboys. I think Poorboys SSR2.5 and SSR1 would be a great way to get the surface clean and polished. For a solid color like yellow, my preference would be Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax, Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax or Poorboy's EX Sealant. Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze or Vanilla Moose would look nice under any of those products as well.

The full process would be:

Wash with your car wash
Clay
Polish
Glaze (optional)
Wax or Sealant

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
When are you doing them?? I wont be able to make it anytime from today until friday because im oncall right now. Do you have any next weekend?? I'm free then.
-Mike

I'll schedule one next weekend to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread