Best finisher/topper for RED

jf4boogie

Established Member
Looking for any new ideas/products that you guys may have found to give Red that deep/wet look.

Not trying to break the bank on a super-high end product, but want to get something that really gives it that finish.

I'll likely be doing the PC with something thats tried/true from my experience, but I havent experimented with toppers lately.

I'm open to either wax and/or a sealant...

Thanks fellas :rockon:

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Well if your prep is spot on, I think that any decent wax/sealant will look good for you. Nuba's will typically give you more 'depth' than sealants.

My reco: Wolfgang Fuzion for a nuba and Blackfire Wet Diamond for a sealant.

Just my 2 cents...

jf4boogie

Established Member
Thanks fellas.

I was expecting to hear the usual wolfgang, pinnacle, dodo juice stuff.

What about a good sealant topped with a wax? Any good combos that you guys know of? I don't mind spending the time, and the car is garage kept and driven occasionally.

Oh, and anyone use P21S ? heard good things, but no personal experience...

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Thanks fellas.

What about a good sealant topped with a wax? Any good combos that you guys know of? I don't mind spending the time, and the car is garage kept and driven occasionally.

Thats what I have on my torch red.... wolfgang deep gloss 3.0 and topped with Dodo Juice Supernatural currently. But it's also had Dodo Juice Orange Crush and Pinnacle Souveran at different times in the past.

The WG DSG 3.0 topped with either of those Dodo's is simply amazing. I think after trying both supernatural and orange crush....I think I like the OC a bit more on TR. A bit easier to apply, smells fantastic and it costs less than the supernatural.

inyadreems

Established Member
Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze topped with HD Poxy :bowdown:

SLr8PxB.jpg

Attachments

• SLr8PxB.jpg
    SLr8PxB.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
Keep it simple and pick your favorite, easy to use, wax or sealant. I won't buy into the marketing of waxes for specific colors.

Junkman2008

"Detailing Devil Dog"
Established Member
As I see in the above signature and also what I preach in my videos, your shine comes from the preparation that you do to the paint. What you put on top of perfectly prepped paint does NOTHING to enhance the shine. Those of us who understand this have paint that pops without a drop of wax or sealant on it at all. I offer you these pictures and this video. NO WAX OR SEALANT WHATSOEVER.

washpics0.jpg

washpics3.jpg

washpics2.jpg

washpics4.jpg

camry_fix1.jpg

camry_fix2.jpg

camry_fix6.jpg

camry_fix8.jpg

[video=youtube;0XGwQDVbOgo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGwQDVbOgo[/video]

Here's a logical question for you. How can there be a sealant or wax that makes ONE particular color pop? What kind of chemical reaction do you think is going on that could make that happen? Do you actually think that there is such an animal? How does that work? How does the product in the bottle KNOW what color your car is??? Do you see how ludicrous that sounds?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I disagree. I have 100% flawless, fully corrected torch red paint and the topper wax choice does indeed look slightly different. Pinnacle Souveran does not look exactly like Dodo Juice Orange Crush. Wolfgang Fuzion does not look exactly like DJ Supernatural. There are slight differences.

My advice is prep and polish your paint 100%, then pick up some of the inexpensive sample sized waxes and try it out for your self. The entire fun of detailing a garage queen like my car is experimenting with the toppers.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Thanks fellas.

Oh, and anyone use P21S ? heard good things, but no personal experience...
I've got a jar of p21s and have always found it to be pleasant to use and looks really nice

hoamskilet

Established Member
I disagree. I have 100% flawless, fully corrected torch red paint and the topper wax choice does indeed look slightly different. Pinnacle Souveran does not look exactly like Dodo Juice Orange Crush. Wolfgang Fuzion does not look exactly like DJ Supernatural. There are slight differences.

My advice is prep and polish your paint 100%, then pick up some of the inexpensive sample sized waxes and try it out for your self. The entire fun of detailing a garage queen like my car is experimenting with the toppers.
Agreed

inyadreems

Established Member

I have to agree that glazes and waxes will change the reflective properties of paint giving it a more deeper, wetter or glossier look depending on the product.

I remember after I corrected my 10 GT500, which included jeweling, I topped it with Wet Glaze 2.0 and my jaw dropped. It was insane! I topped it with 3 coats of UPG as the LSP. I love WG 2.0 so much I bought s case before it was discontinued.

Last edited:

Junkman2008

"Detailing Devil Dog"
Established Member

I respect your opinion and can agree to disagree.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread