Best Exhaust for HIGH Pitch sound?

2000Cobrav6

What kind of exaust would give the Cobra a high pitched v8 sound (almost like a ferrari v8). I heard an 04 Cobra that had a high pitched sounding exhaust, and it sounded awesome.

Hope someone can help me. If you got a sound clip, or a vid clip, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

p.s- ignore my dumbass SN, I don't know when I made it, but the boards said my email was in use with that name :cryying:

Last edited:

98cobra snake

NA
Established Member
I don't think that it will get as high pitched as a Ferrari; a lot of those rev to 9500rpm and have a different firing order.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I have four clips of my Magnaflow catback and catted bassani x.... I have a thread here. Best I could relate it to was the Laborghini Gallardo sitting in my parking garage... Sounds awesome. PM for the clips 'cause I'm pullin' them off the server to host my new 3" Mac system.

2000Cobrav6

DKS2814V said:
I have four clips of my Magnaflow catback and catted bassani x.... I have a thread here. Best I could relate it to was the Laborghini Gallardo sitting in my parking garage... Sounds awesome. PM for the clips 'cause I'm pullin' them off the server to host my new 3" Mac system.

I'm not allowed to send oyu a PM for some reason :(

I'll search for your thread!

Brad, sounds awesome man!

moonltgold

98cobra snake said:
I don't think that it will get as high pitched as a Ferrari; a lot of those rev to 9500rpm and have a different firing order.

True, but still closer than any other American made car. We have the 4 valves/4cams, and rev high on a relatively small displacement V8 engine. Go the MustangExaust.com and you can find different versions of the Mag X combos.

metaman

Established Member
The x-pipe will give you the high piched sound. I have off road x with mac cat back, it is deep at low rpm's and high piched at high rpm's. People pull up next to me and give me the thumbs up all of the time.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I have a magnaflow catted x waiting to go on to go with my magnaflow catback. I'm hopping it will give a higher pitched, but pleasant sound. I personally like the sound of ferraris and lambos alot better than the deep hollow rumble of muscle cars. Its all a matter of what you like. I used to work for a company that rented exotic cars and the gallardo and 360 with tubi exhausts sounded awesome.

sckcobra

Established Member
i thought that the catted xpipe with the stinger would give the most high pitched exotic sound? i have not heard this combo in person but i do think that it sounded a little more high strung and exotic than the classic "mustang with exhaust" sound. just my .02

moonltgold

I've had both the Bassani X and Magnaflow X on my Cobra, and the Mag is the more European sounding of the two. The Bassani is actually a chambered X, kind of like a cross between an X and an H, and gives a howling sound like more like a NASCAR.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
i just heard a clip of a MRT Catted H + Stimgers, so deep and smooth, i think im gonna try the MRT w/mine.

Users who are viewing this thread