Best exhaust combo for sound

myfault

Banned
alright guys. thx to yall i got the bfg KDW's 285/40's put on this weekend, AND I LOVE THEM! my car is stock and being able to go WOT from a first gear roll is AWESOME! i did nothing but drive my car around looking for races this weekend. anyway, now its time to start modding. so.....
everyone give me your take on exhaust systems. catback, h pipe, x pipe, goods and bads, best sounding, best performance.....

VinSVT

Established Member
From what I've heard on cars basically an O/R X-pipe with almost any cat-back sounds great. Almost all ehxuast set up's just involving X-pipe/H-pipe+Cat-Back are going to gain about the same power.

myfault

Banned
ive heard a few 4.6's that sound better than anything ive ever heard. deep, low, rumble, i want mine to sound like that :)

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
By far, Bassani catted x-pipe, and Bassani catback sound the best. There are louder systems and there are quieter systems, but nothing sounds better IMHO....good luck!

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
not all catbacks sound the same... Ive heard 2chambered flowmasters vs borla stingers on stock H, and the flowmasters didnt sound good at all, not compared to the borlas. The borlas had a deep menacing tone, while the flowmasters sounded hollow... The bassanis sound very good as well... I guess im more partial to the straight through muffled sound.

myfault

Banned
thx guys! right now im leaning toward what richo said. bassani catted x pipe & bassani catback.

nj7703

Established Member
I love the way my stock H sounds with the Borla Stingers. I get a lot of compliments on the sound, deep low rumble, great at idle, startup, or WOT

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Originally posted by Richo
By far, Bassani catted x-pipe, and Bassani catback sound the best. There are louder systems and there are quieter systems, but nothing sounds better IMHO....good luck!
I agree, I heard this combo AFTER my stinger purchase and it sounds wicked... I am in the process of figuring out how to swap my stinger mufflers out with Magnapacks and throw an o/r H on there. Had this combo on my last car and to date is the most wicked sound I've ever heard or wanted. I agree with most, almost any catback setup sounds good on these cars. I think the rule of thumb of chambered paired with H's and straight throughs with X's does apply for sound quality.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
stinger if you want your stock H
spintech if you want a catted X
mac 3" if you want an o/r X

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Got my stingers from amazon for $600 to my door a year ago.

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by myfault
thx guys! right now im leaning toward what richo said. bassani catted x pipe & bassani catback.

I liked mine okay, and when I added the Headers.... WHOA MAN! Sounds EVEN BETTER!

Shit... I'd do it all over again just for the sound!

:bowdown:

FKing1

Established Member
Complete Bassani here, heads to tails. Great sound. What I like is that you can feather it around the "Law" so as not to attract too much attention.!
Fred K.

florida03

Banned
Ive heard the Bassani head to tail and it does sound
insane ,alittle too much for me. Then my buddy gave me a ride
with hid Mag C/X and Steeda C/B . No drone and when you get on
it you know its there, I was sold.

Users who are viewing this thread