Best earphones?

OneManWolfpack

Established Member
I have a $45 gift card to Best Buy, and I was going to use that towards a new pair of earphones. I usually just buy the Apple ones, but at a price tag of $40, I'll have to pass. Can anyone recommend a good pair?

They can be more than $45, but I am not looking to spend over $100. And I will not be using these to work out in. They will be solely for my listening pleasure. I am just going to buy some cheap ones when my cruddy Apple ones finally shit the bed.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Klipsch S2's are pretty hard to beat at that price. S4's are a little pricier but a little bit better (deeper bass and clearer highs). I have a set of S4's and love them. Had a set of S2's until they wore out on me since I use them for working out.

By the way, this recommendation is based on you wanting earbuds, not over the ear headphones.

OneManWolfpack

Established Member
Klipsch S2's are pretty hard to beat at that price. S4's are a little pricier but a little bit better (deeper bass and clearer highs). I have a set of S4's and love them. Had a set of S2's until they wore out on me since I use them for working out.

By the way, this recommendation is based on you wanting earbuds, not over the ear headphones.

Yeah, I don't want over the ear. I bought some iBeats by Dr. Dre tonight, but after looking at some recent review, they seem to give out rather quickly. I plan on returning them. I don't want $100 earbuds last money a month to two months.

X3FBrian

Established Member
klipsch image s4

A really good combo is a reference o2 amp by JDS labs and AKG Q701's.

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I use skullcandy titans. Can find them for $30. They don't sound much different than my bose.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Monster Lil Jamz, i have had mine going on 3 years now and no issues, even come with a cool little pouch to store them in. IIRC i payed $65 through best buy about 3 years ago and got the $15 warranty, which i have never had to use. Great bass, clear vocals and they fit snug in ear with good noise cancelling capabilities, even on airplanes they can drown out engine noise pretty good. i highly recommend them to anyone looking for a pair of earbuds for under a hondo.

one problem i have had that isnt that big of a deal-they installed a cover with the Lil Jamz logo over where the 2 buds meet in the center and the cover slips on and off at random. im a little OCD when it comes to it as it just moves up and down on the cord and looks stupid so i keep having to put it back into place. my only gripe with them.

link to them on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UXRED6...&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&ref=asc_df_B002UXRED6

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
sell card to someone, get money and add lil extra and buy audiotechnicas.....all models are great, bought them in Japan, i am yet to find earbuds or over the ears that match the quality

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Yeah, I don't want over the ear. I bought some iBeats by Dr. Dre tonight, but after looking at some recent review, they seem to give out rather quickly. I plan on returning them. I don't want $100 earbuds last money a month to two months.
Been having my iBeats for almost 6 months, no problems and I use them everyday for almost anything.

Now before they eat me alive, I didnt buy them, they came with my phone for free :banana:

00WHTSC281

Established Member
I use skullcandy titans. Can find them for $30. They don't sound much different than my bose.

+1, I have had klipch s4, Bose, and the skull candy titians. The titans are the way to go, 1/3 the cost and almost the same performance. Titans have better bass, but the Bose and klipch are clearer/cleaner sounding. Titans will also play at a higher volume, but like I said not as clear. I like to jam during workouts!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
JVC Marshmellows...$25. Best bang for your buck and fit your ear good.

I've bought a dozen pair of them. The foam hardens after time and they are NO comparison to the titans I use now. Plus titans come with a sweet little case. I keep my shuffle and earbuds in it

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
get those $18 skullcandy ones. I'm listening to music right now and they're awesome, imo. Better than the apple ones too. I get mine at best buy

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
If anyone wants to buy some apple ones, I have at least 6 new pair. they don't fit my ears. Never bother using them

Users who are viewing this thread