Best drag radial period? As for dry traction, making 700+?

truculentSVT

Established Member
Okay guys. I've always ran MT ET Street Radials. First in 275/40/17, and now on my 18's - 315/30/18. Those who have had others and the MT's, please give me your opinions on which are the stickiest on the street? I have slicks & reg et set ups for the track so i'm not worried how they do at the track. And i'm also not worried how they do in the rain as the car never comes out when there is a possibility of it. All I want to know is what is the best sticking street tire for a 700+rwhp cobra. The 315/30/18's MT's do okay, but even after putting heat in them, still breaks loose pretty hard in second. Getting ready for an arm drop race that will be on a local airport that is unprepped and on slick pavement, and looking for my best option. I have heard of course the MT ET Radial, the Nitto NT05R, Hoosier DR, M&H drag radial, BFG DR's, and Toyos. Anybody with experience with these, let me know your thoughts.

As always, Thanks in advance guys! :beer:

04cobrawhine

Established Member
M&H drag radial by FAR!! i run the 325/18's and im making 742 rwhp. holds all of 2nd gear. the power comes on slowly cuz its a turbo car but still. they hook like hell. bfg and m/t dont even come close.

SouthTexasBully

STB
Established Member
Im 700+ in my C6 and i run MT 275/40/17 DR's and i dead hook all of 2nd gear...if u dont believe me go look my name up on youtube and u will see with your own eyes...im not gonna say anything bad about any other tire because i have never tried the others all im saying is that u would be surprised at how well my 3200 lb car hooks with MT DR's.....STB :read:

Teej281

Established Member
Well we need to figure out what all mods you have done suspension wise. The best tire in the world won't do you near as much good if you have a poor suspension setup. Also, what gears are you running? There is a member on here making 700+rwhp on e85. He has the IRS still and has ftbr bushings and all that stuff. He dead hooks on Hoosier dr's. I think they are 335/30-18's though, not 315's. But I think they are probably on of the best. Also, if you have steep gears, M&H is known for making 28" tall dr's so you could probably get a set of those that would take some gear out and help hook better.

If it were my car(and I'm currently in a similar position right now), my choices would be between Hoosier dr's and M&H dr's. M&H because of offering 28" talls, and Hoosiers because they are the stickiest and have the softest sidewall I believe.

truculentSVT

Established Member
I have a 2.9 whipple w/spray making over 700.. Suspension is stock, Rear is IRS with brace, running stock 3.55's.. Car is lowered with Eibach pro kit..

I have heard that m&h dr's hook almost unreal.. Heard mixed things about hoosiers..

truculentSVT

Established Member
for this event, I was thinking about putting some M&H's on the bogarts.. Should do pretty good I think..

Tractionless1

Established Member
I have a 2.9 whipple w/spray making over 700.. Suspension is stock, Rear is IRS with brace, running stock 3.55's.. Car is lowered with Eibach pro kit..

I have heard that m&h dr's hook almost unreal.. Heard mixed things about hoosiers..

Forget about tires get your suspension worked out. Nitto NT05R's aren't even mentioned here and have pulled 1.42 60' times with a properly set up suspension.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Will these tires work on a 10 wide rim, and would the fenders need to be rolled?

bringing this one back since I want to know the answer to this to. Im currently looking for a set to put on my 10" tire.....

Users who are viewing this thread