Best deal on ordered 2014?

mjohns930

Established Member
I have decided I am going to order a 2014 GT with the exact options I want and I am looking to see what the best deal I can expect is. I am not looking for exact prices paid I am looking to see what you paid before TTL and incentives in comparison to invoice.

I have found a place that will order exactly what I want for $500 over invoice. Another place came along without me mentioning the first and said they will do exactly invoice. If I do some negotiating can I do better than invoice on an ordered car not including TTL and incentives? Just looking for personal experiences.

Cobra 2997

Established Member
I have decided I am going to order a 2014 GT with the exact options I want and I am looking to see what the best deal I can expect is. I am not looking for exact prices paid I am looking to see what you paid before TTL and incentives in comparison to invoice.

I have found a place that will order exactly what I want for $500 over invoice. Another place came along without me mentioning the first and said they will do exactly invoice. If I do some negotiating can I do better than invoice on an ordered car not including TTL and incentives? Just looking for personal experiences.

You should be able to get a deal on an ordered car for below invoice. I ordered my '14 and was able to work a deal at $500 under invoice before any incentives. This was a high volume dealer though....

I would shoot for a couple hundred under invoice and then maybe settle somewhere in between. Just don't let them add on any extra things at the time of sale.

What part of the country are you located?

Last edited:

mjohns930

Established Member
I am located in Vacaville, CA. I would like to see $500 under invoice without incentives and I think I can get there with some negotiating. I am just looking for a ballpark idea of where I could be so I don't look like an idiot going for a deal I can't get.

Thanks for the input.

sleek98

Established Member
I got 50 over invoice back in March, but he gave me another 500 on my trade for going with the ordered one rather than locating the same car. So really i was 450 below invoice before incentives.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Op that's not a bad deal being in ca dealers are sometimes a little tougher.

mjohns930

Established Member
I got 50 over invoice back in March, but he gave me another 500 on my trade for going with the ordered one rather than locating the same car. So really i was 450 below invoice before incentives.

Thanks for the info. I will w trading my 2013 in on this so if I can't get where I would like on the order then maybe I can get them to do this on my trade.

Op that's not a bad deal being in ca dealers are sometimes a little tougher.

I know invoice is not a bad deal just seeing what the trends are and how far I can go. Invoice is the most I am willing to spend but if I can do something even like $250 under I would like to try.

Thanks for the input.

mjohns930

Established Member
Well, for anyone that cares, I just ordered my 2014 GT. It is a SGM 301a with auto trans, Recaros and Brembos. I am getting it right at invoice before incentives.

Now I wait...

DriverMod

Suckin gas but haulin ass
Established Member
I'm in CA and just got a 2014 GT base with tech, track, and recaros. I paid over $2K BELOW invoice. It can be done, you just have to find the right dealer. It took me 2 weeks and over 50 calls to different dealers for the right car and price.

mjohns930

Established Member
I'm in CA and just got a 2014 GT base with tech, track, and recaros. I paid over $2K BELOW invoice. It can be done, you just have to find the right dealer. It took me 2 weeks and over 50 calls to different dealers for the right car and price.

I am sure if I found something on the lot I wanted I could have done better but after speaking with several dealers they all confirmed there was nothing on any lots configured exactly how I wanted it so I had to order. Also, does your $2k under include incentives? I will be well below invoice after incentives.

No place would move below invoice on this order, which kind of sucks, but I am getting it exactly like I should have the first time around.

Last edited:

DriverMod

Established Member
I am sure if I found something on the lot I wanted I could have done better but after speaking with several dealers they all confirmed there was nothing on any lots configured exactly how I wanted it so I had to order. Also, does your $2k under include incentives? I will be well below invoice after incentives.

No place would move below invoice on this order, which kind of sucks, but I am getting it exactly like I should have the first time around.
I got $2000 in Ford rebates, $750 in Ford loyalty rebates, and the car under invoice. I got the car for a smoking deal. The closest deal I got to that was the same car but without Recaros for invoice and that out the door price was higher for a cheaper car

DriverMod

Established Member
I got $2000 in Ford rebates, $750 in Ford loyalty rebates, and the car under invoice. I got the car for a smoking deal. The closest deal I got to that was the same car but without Recaros for invoice and that out the door price was higher for a cheaper car
How do you want your car built? Packages and options?

mjohns930

Established Member
I wanted a base GT in sterling gray with an auto transmission, tech package, Recaros and Brembos. No one had that exact thing anywhere.

DriverMod

Established Member
I wanted a base GT in sterling gray with an auto transmission, tech package, Recaros and Brembos. No one had that exact thing anywhere.
Shoot, my car is the exact car you want but in stick and with track package instead of only the Brembos.

Call Galpin Ford in the SFV. I'm sure they will have that car for you. Talk to Dev, tell him the guy in Orange he delivered the grey 5.0 sent you.

mjohns930

Established Member
Shoot, my car is the exact car you want but in stick and with track package instead of only the Brembos.

Call Galpin Ford in the SFV. I'm sure they will have that car for you. Talk to Dev, tell him the guy in Orange he delivered the grey 5.0 sent you.

I had a few dealers look all over the country and they couldn't find anything. They were trying everything to get me to buy off the lot, even saying they would put Recaros in something they had on the lot...even though it was a stick in White and I wanted an auto in SGM. And in order for this to be really worth it to me it has to be EXACTLY what I want.

DriverMod

Established Member
I had a few dealers look all over the country and they couldn't find anything. They were trying everything to get me to buy off the lot, even saying they would put Recaros in something they had on the lot...even though it was a stick in White and I wanted an auto in SGM. And in order for this to be really worth it to me it has to be EXACTLY what I want.
I hear ya, I was in the same boat looking for my car. I eventually found it though. Give Dev at Galpin a call, it's worth a try.

mjohns930

Established Member
I hear ya, I was in the same boat looking for my car. I eventually found it though. Give Dev at Galpin a call, it's worth a try.

I would but the order is already in. I know I could probably back out but I am perfectly fine waiting since I still have my 13 GT.

Users who are viewing this thread