Best "cop" movies..(Prefer LEOs only.)

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
As in...
From an LEO perspective, where Hollywood has done your profession justice in terms of how proceedures & terminology..& even ethics displayed accuratly represent how things are actually done?

Any TV show or movie..About any agency, in any era.

ZChaos0026

Established Member
honestly i really enjoy super troopers. i wish we could pull those kind of crazy shennanigans!

but i cant think of a movie or tv show that accurately depicts our job and what we do.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
honestly i really enjoy super troopers. i wish we could pull those kind of crazy shennanigans!

but i cant think of a movie or tv show that accurately depicts our job and what we do.
I knew somebody was going to say "super troopers"..I've heard it's required viewing.
Are you saying that not even the show "Cops" is accurate?

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
An accurately portrayed movie would be extremely boring. It would have to be 3 hours in length and contain no more than 2 minutes of possible action sequences.

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
An accurately portrayed movie would be extremely boring. It would have to be 3 hours in length and contain no more than 2 minutes of possible action sequences.

I know what you mean...
Okay...Well...Not to get get off on a tangent.
The military can be similarly boring..(like now).
Hollywood occasionally does the military justice with movies like BlackHawk down, We Were Soldiers & Full Metal Jacket...While most others are complete bullshit...

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
The First 48 on A&E.

Follows the first 48 hours of an investigation post homicide. Awesome show..

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
Super Troopers (most realistic)
Seriously?
How about RENO 911?

I guess what got me thinking about this was I watched an episode of NCIS or JAG & where law enforcement & military are "combined",& I am always left with a sense of how utterly corny they are about the shit I do know about(Plots/acting is terrible also) So I can only imagine they get the other parts wrong as well.

I'm gonna sit down & watch the French Connection as soon as I can...If noting more that the old cars.

rubber duck

Established Member
Seriously?
How about RENO 911?

I guess what got me thinking about this was I watched an episode of NCIS or JAG & where law enforcement & military are "combined",& I am always left with a sense of how utterly corny they are about the shit I do know about(Plots/acting is terrible also) So I can only imagine they get the other parts wrong as well.

I'm gonna sit down & watch the French Connection as soon as I can...If noting more that the old cars.
Reno 911 is pretty realistic too, I love wearing the ball huggers.:banana: In all seriousness COPS and the First 48 are probably the best shows as far as representing the job.

rubber duck

Established Member
Pretty much, 2 minutes of action sequences and 2 hours watching me do paperwork.

20LethalVenom03

Beaver Hunter
Established Member
hahah funny you mention super troopers, I'm friends with a few troopers locally and they're alot like that, always messing around, they watch the retarded cop on youtube, thats entertainment to them..ahahahaha. I love troopers..

Users who are viewing this thread