Best company for built motor

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
I am considering using an 05+ GT as a platform for a 700 rwhp (hopefully) project car build. I will be using a kenne bell 2.8h mammoth s/c and aftermarket heads, cams, exhaust ect... Since I will be running high boost (maybe 23 lbs or more) I want to fortify my shortblock. There are several companies who offer similar products that are advertised as "built" shortblocks capable of holding nearly 1000 hp. My question is which is the best? I am aware of sean hyland, modular mustang racing (prob my favorite right now), and blow by racing. Is there anyone who has the setup I want who can give me advise?

:beer: Thanks in advance.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Research companies carefully before investing in a build. You might try looking at Boss 330 racing, Livernois, etc..

DaBigBone

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. Been researching companies for my engine build. My top choice right now by far is Livernois.

Those guys do amazing work.

65SC

Established Member
I am considering using an 05+ GT as a platform for a 700 rwhp (hopefully) project car build. I will be using a kenne bell 2.8h mammoth s/c and aftermarket heads, cams, exhaust ect... Since I will be running high boost (maybe 23 lbs or more) I want to fortify my shortblock. There are several companies who offer similar products that are advertised as "built" shortblocks capable of holding nearly 1000 hp. My question is which is the best? I am aware of sean hyland, modular mustang racing (prob my favorite right now), and blow by racing. Is there anyone who has the setup I want who can give me advise?

:beer: Thanks in advance.

go with the LC unit. you will also need new fuel pumps, injectors, clutch, ds, etc. not cheap but a few have gotten there and beyond

900+rwhp
First 900hp Pd Mustang 3v

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
Livernois by far out of that list!!! I am not going to bash other companies that I have not delt with personally in a thread,but I will say that that a couple of my friends have some horror stories about one company on your list. PM me if you want specifics, or links.

65SC

Established Member
Livernois by far out of that list!!! I am not going to bash other companies that I have not delt with personally in a thread,but I will say that that a couple of my friends have some horror stories about one company on your list. PM me if you want specifics, or links.

every company has a good and bad story

Users who are viewing this thread