Best cold air?

CobraHuck

Established Member
Just curious, my car had a JLT on it when I bought it. The big one that stays constant diameter all the way, but once it goes into the fender, it 90's straight down and the filter is almost at the ground. Are all JLTs for our cars like that?

I'm not real comfortable having the filter being being so close to the road, she's my DD so I'm worried about sucking up water. Been thinking about switching to a different one

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
stock tube, remove the silencer. benefits: looks stock [cause it is] which adds to the stealth effect.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
Just curious, my car had a JLT on it when I bought it. The big one that stays constant diameter all the way, but once it goes into the fender, it 90's straight down and the filter is almost at the ground. Are all JLTs for our cars like that?

I'm not real comfortable having the filter being being so close to the road, she's my DD so I'm worried about sucking up water. Been thinking about switching to a different one

don't know if that is the normal way it mounts, but I would be concerned about the water. we have to down here!!! others have had that problem on different stangs and I had that style (out of the fender and down) at one time on my Bullitt and took it off because it got seriously wet. wet/dry vac not good for an intake :rolling:

brucesvt

Established Member
if you check out the new muscle mustangs and fast fords this month. i saw that they installed a Ram Air JLT on a 98 cobra and only gained 5rwhp and with a tune. just stick with the stock one and save for Long tubes if you dont have them good luck

mustang3X

Established Member
if you check out the new muscle mustangs and fast fords this month. i saw that they installed a Ram Air JLT on a 98 cobra and only gained 5rwhp and with a tune. just stick with the stock one and save for Long tubes if you dont have them good luck

And I bet the tune was responsible for 99% of the gain. CAI are for looks only.

CobraHuck

Established Member
don't know if that is the normal way it mounts, but I would be concerned about the water. we have to down here!!! others have had that problem on different stangs and I had that style (out of the fender and down) at one time on my Bullitt and took it off because it got seriously wet. wet/dry vac not good for an intake :rolling:

Yeah, I'm really not liking this CAI especially since we've been having constant monsoons here. Did a little research and found the Ram Air upgrade kit for just 150 so I'm gonna go that route SOON

Users who are viewing this thread