best cold air intake for mach 1

e85svt

Established Member
what would be the best cold air intake for my 04 mach ? I plan on keeping the shaker functional so it would come down to the jlt ram air, steeda, c&l, or the k&n fipk. so which is the best of these four and what would give me the most horsepower. I would also like add that it says the jlt will give the car 10-14 more hp, yet the steeda will give it 9.7. however the steeda is cheaper. is the jlt worth it?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Id be kinda surprised if any of them give what they claim or if theres any difference between them that wouldnt be within the margin of error of the dyno/correction factor. Id go with either 1) whichever I could get the cheapest 2) or you can go with whichever one you like the looks of most.

I ran a K&N for a while because I bought it used one for like $65

e85svt

Established Member
yeah lol, I figured those numbers were false. I do want to go eaton except I heard its a lot to do. buying the eaton isn't the problem, however its the stuff I need to do to get it on.

Mattstang04

Established Member
I just bought an AEM dry flow air filter. Nice piece. No oil to muck up the MAF sensor. Doing the job so far. Better than a paper filter. Was thinking about getting a jlt. Decided to not drink the cool aid with the CAIs. Look at the original piece. It's not really that bad. Pretty close to a straight shot to the throttle body once you get past the MAF.

SIC9250

Coyote_Mach
Established Member
JLT gen 2 by far the best intake,cannot tell me a 4" fender mount intake doesn't make more power over a stock intake don't believe everything you read esp from cats who think intakes on a N/A car don't do shit..

96gt02

Established Member
Your best option is the jlt gen2 tube with the stock box and shaker tubing

Users who are viewing this thread