Best clutch

mrpork

Established Member
looking for a clutch that will handle 800+ rwhp. want it to feel just like the stock clutch.

Hourigan218

Established Member
I went with spec ss trim. It feels just like stock but I do have the assist spring removed so the clutch was already a lil harder to depress.

Hourigan218

Established Member
No it has more of an on or off again feel. When trying to slip the clutch when new it will shudder a bit. Once the clutch gets broken in it can be slipped a bit i slow traffic but the clutch still has the feel of on/off. The shudder does go away but will take bout 4-500 miles of stop and go traffic

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I also ran the Spec SS trim clutch. It's a decent clutch and will hold the power, it's just kinda a on & off switch. If I could do it over again I probably would have done the centerforce DYAD clutch.

Softballer77

Established Member
I've been loving my Spec ST Trim. Off/On like the SS Trim stated above, but it's held up great. Much better than the 2 Ace clutches I went through...

Bobbyblaze

Established Member

Lillou74

Established Member
McLeod RST
Claims good to a 1000hp.
I had the sorting(i think assist) taken out when installed and feels way better than stock

centerforce

Established Member
Thanks for the recommendations, guys! The DYAD would definitely work great for the OP. At 800hp it is nowhere close to being maxed out, and the organic discs we use makes it extremely easy to slip and drive on the street. The pedal pressure is usually the same, or even lighter than stock in most cases.

Mrpork, if we can answer any questions for you about the DYAD, please feel free to send over a PM. We would be happy to help!

mrpork

Established Member
Thanks for the recommendations, guys! The DYAD would definitely work great for the OP. At 800hp it is nowhere close to being maxed out, and the organic discs we use makes it extremely easy to slip and drive on the street. The pedal pressure is usually the same, or even lighter than stock in most cases.

Mrpork, if we can answer any questions for you about the DYAD, please feel free to send over a PM. We would be happy to help!
I'm really just looking for a clutch that i can slip just like stock clutch!!!

centerforce

Established Member
I'm really just looking for a clutch that i can slip just like stock clutch!!!

Mrpork, the organic discs we use on the DYAD allows it to be slipped just as easily as a stock clutch. This material is much more forgiving than the carbon or cerametallic friction discs that are used on most performance clutches, which makes it perfect for high-powered street cars. You can find more info on the DYAD system below on our site, but please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions we can answer!

http://www.centerforce.com/products/dyad-drive-system-series

_Satch_

Established Member
McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch user here. It is definitely an on/off feel. Not exactly the easiest to slip either during the breakin. I would not wanna be in traffic with it at all. It took about 800 miles to get through the break-in, which had me questioning if it was the right clutch for me. Pedal pressure feels about the same as stock, I still have the assist spring. It holds the power great, it's just the engagement shutter if you don't get the release and throttle application just right.
-Satch

paluka21

Established Member
McLeod RXT Twin Disc Clutch user here. It is definitely an on/off feel. Not exactly the easiest to slip either during the breakin. I would not wanna be in traffic with it at all. It took about 800 miles to get through the break-in, which had me questioning if it was the right clutch for me. Pedal pressure feels about the same as stock, I still have the assist spring. It holds the power great, it's just the engagement shutter if you don't get the release and throttle application just right.
-Satch

Sounds like my old Spec clutch. Thing held the power well but if you tried to slip it at all, it would shudder. And I absolutely had to slip the clutch to get it into my garage due to the angle the garage door. I'll most likely be looking at the Centerforce when/if the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread