Best Clutch For Our Cars???

jtfx6552

Established Member
I plan on keeping the 3:31 gears for now. so that's the only reason I went triple disc. It was a tossup to go with the 3.73 and the twin disc or the triple and the stock gears.

The ace has adjustable pedal release height depending on what shims you place under the slave cylinder. more shims, the lower the pedal release, less shims, higher the release

another reason why I went with this is I hate the top pedal release. I need it more mid throw oriented.

***Also, out of the blue. I got a call from ACE clutches today telling me not to install the clutch in the pic I posted. It's missing the spacer between the side arms. I checked it and he's right. there are 3 small aluminum spacers missing that should be in there to center the straps. ***

I like my clutch to release right at the top of the pedal, makes throttle down shifts a little easier, lol.

centerforce

Established Member
What is break in period? Pedal feel compared to stock? Type of flywheel?

* For break in, we recommend 450-500 miles of stop-and-go driving before giving it full power.

* We try to design the system so that the pedal feel is as close to stock and generally easy for daily-driving duties as we can get it.

* The DYAD system (Part 04114805 for the GT500) comes with a lightened steel flywheel. Our catalog lists the weight at 28.2 lbs.

svt_smrf

Established Member
i know this is old but wanted to see if anyone had some feedback on the dyad listed above or the ace

i drag race my car and having a hard time finding a clerar answer as to what clutch holds up to the massive bottom end torque these cars produce

Users who are viewing this thread