Best Christmas Gifts for an '03 Lightning Owner?

webgirlsarefun

Established Member
Hi everyone,

My beau has an '03 DSGray Lightning and I want to buy him some Christmas gifts for it...

He's already got the Bassani exhaust and a densecharger. I would also like to get him the billet grill - what's the best kind for a Lightning and where can I buy it?

Also, I know he wants a new pulley...but I'm thinking it's pretty expensive. Do any of you Lightning owners have any AFFORDABLE suggestions as to what else I can buy him?

I really appreciate it!!!

Last edited:
Depends on the budget at hand, but typically a for a descent pulley combo you will need a chip/tuner/plugs. Right there your looking minimum of 600 dollars including a belt. Now if you get dyno tuned which you will have to do, that could be as high as 200 in itself. Personally I know the exact release date of the Diablo Predator and I would wait for that and give it to him. 420 is what that will set you back plus if someone wants to give him a pulley or something later, the tuner will be able to compensate for that.

webgirlsarefun

Established Member
Originally posted by workspowerontop
Depends on the budget at hand, but typically a for a descent pulley combo you will need a chip/tuner/plugs. Right there your looking minimum of 600 dollars including a belt. Now if you get dyno tuned which you will have to do, that could be as high as 200 in itself. Personally I know the exact release date of the Diablo Predator and I would wait for that and give it to him. 420 is what that will set you back plus if someone wants to give him a pulley or something later, the tuner will be able to compensate for that.

Awesome, thanks. So in the meantime, what else would be cool to buy him? Billet grill? Carbon fiber interior stuff?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
How about some lowering shackles? They're cheap, easy to install, and a necessity for an 03 L.

webgirlsarefun

Established Member
Originally posted by SNCBOOM
How about some lowering shackles? They're cheap, easy to install, and a necessity for an 03 L.

Oops, forgot to mention that he had those and it's lowered...as well as a kit that gave him a larger oil pan and a Diablo chip that changed how it shifted.

Hmmm....

Well personally I wouldn't buy a grille because I think all of the aftermarket ones look bad. I don't really know what kind of bling or whatever he likes so again I don't know what to tell you, but I can say this, Chikenears has some cool stuff like that. You might want to check out his webpage. In the meantime, here are my suggestions.
- Entire Zaino product line
- Roll Pan
- 4lb pulley, plugs, and a Gatorback belt
- Factory Tech Valve Body and a deep pan
- A warranty...
:lol:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
How about a bed rug? Get him one and if he doesn't want it I'll take it :D

BillArf

Established Member
Originally posted by webgirlsarefun
Hi everyone,

My beau has an '03 DSGray Lightning and I want to buy him some Christmas gifts for it...

He's already got the Bassani exhaust and a densecharger. I would also like to get him the billet grill - what's the best kind for a Lightning and where can I buy it?

Also, I know he wants a new pulley...but I'm thinking it's pretty expensive. Do any of you Lightning owners have any AFFORDABLE suggestions as to what else I can buy him?

I really appreciate it!!!

Dana, I also have an '03 Dark Shadow Gray and to be honest I have not found an aftermarket grill I thoght looked good with this color. I thus have not bought a grill. Best bet is let your boyfriend himself figure what he wants in regard to a grill. I'd also say let him figure out what performance mods HE wants.
My suggestion is to get the BedRug! ***You really can't go wrong with a BedRug*** and your boy friend will love it.. For a very decent price and quick shipping of the BedRug I recommend http://www.chikenearsengineering.com/bedrug.htm HEY DANA, watch yourself for rug burns Sweetie!!! :uh oh:

BillArf

Established Member
I thought of another neat stocking stuffer. IF you know the build #, etc. of your boyfriends Lightning you can get one of these for his truck. Cost for frame and hardware is $46.00 which also includes shipping. A very decent price for this item! If you Dana or anyone else is interested in one email me for ordering info. [email protected]

finalframe.jpg

Pic shows one possible mounting place under the hood of his truck
571.JPG

Last edited:

BillArf

Established Member
Personalized License Plate

Another stocking stuffer/Xmas gift you could get for him but would need him involved is first years cost of the personalized license plate of his choice for his Lightning.

BillArf

Established Member
Halogen replacement bulb

Yet another great stocking stuffer would be Sylvania "SilverStar"
headlight and foglight bulbs. Many L owners have gone to these street legal bulbs and they think they are great! Much brighter and white light. Bulb numbers for your boyfriends '03 Lightning are 9007 for the headlights and 9005 for the fogs. Of course you need two bulbs each and you can get them at say AutoZone.
Really easy to install for hubby and what a difference they will make.

OHhhhhhh, another one he will LOVE and I mean LOVE is the
Halogen replacement bulb for his third brake light on the back of the truck. The halogen replacement is easy to install, inexpensive, looks GREAT not the stock crappy, dim, yellowish color light AND the bulb wil easily slip in your boyfriends Xmas stocking til he can install it. Here is a good place to order price wise and the shipping is fast...

It should be P/N: P19224 for $10.87, this is for a twin pack and yes you need a twin pack as the 3rd brake light uses two bulbs

Bulbs here with free shipping -Use search on left of their page. Use part # P2719224 and it takes you to the P19224
http://www.jdsoffroad.com

Last edited:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
i was thinking the factory tech valve body
he would love that
you just need a list of his mods and the phone number
it only cost something like 250 and would really wake up the truck but his chip would need to be reburnt

1s9v9t3

Established Member
hey webgirlsarefun,
what part of the woodlands do you live in. i live back in alden bridge, but am away at college and before i left i saw a dsg lightning rolling around, i have a white 2003 L with some pretty good mods. i would have to agree with billarf on the sylvania silverstars, they are awesome. but first i would get him the factory tech valve body, great product.

BillArf

Established Member
She said "affordable" .....
I mentioned the BedRug but that is pricey as is the FTVB, Pulleys, etc.. The FTVB is tops though..... ahhhh, as is the BedRug.

webgirlsarefun

Established Member
Everyone, THANK YOU!!! I didn't even know about the bed rug...I'll defintely look into that (does it come with knee pads?? ha). And thank you BillArf for everything...and I'm going to keep away, and keep him away, from the grille. I didn't even consider lights, either. Cool beans.

No, $200 isn't too bad...but being the good girlfriend I'm not just buying him stuff for his truck. There are new tools, too! :)

1s9v9t3 - We actually live across I45 in Imperial Oaks. Yes, it's probably him you've seen around! He's at 24Hour and is in the Woodlands a lot.

Again, thank you everyone for your suggestions...I've printed the thread and I'm going to use it as a checklist!

(Way Early) Merry Christmas!

Dana

Traga-o

Established Member
Hi! Wow I am going to pick up my 2000 L in a couple of days and jsut browsing the forums. First off Dana...you rule! A girl that buys mods for the "beau" is so freaking awesome! *drool* Anyhow this post definently gave me some ideas. It already has the Tonneau top and the bed rug. I was thinking of going for the grille, dunno what you die hards think here. Personally I dig it. Guess it depends if you like the bling bling look or more natural.

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
Buy Him some Rims and Slicks......................Gawd that would look sweet under the tree

Users who are viewing this thread