Best Car Vacuum?

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good car vacuum as my girlfriend and I frequent the beach every weekend and get sand here and there(the car, not us) and I want to be able to clean it up so it doesn't just seep down beneath the carpet. My only stipulation is that I need one that runs off of the car's 12v system as I live in an apartment downtown and our underground garage doesn't have power. Everything I find looks no stronger than a dust buster and that just won't do. Any opinions or ideas?

hoamskilet

Established Member
I don't know how powerful your really gonna get in a 12 volt unit, but I have one of the regular metro vac n blo's that I've used the hell out of for several years now and really like it

Stanger00

Established Member
I have a 12v rechargeable shark vacuum and its not that great after about 5 minutes. We bought it to vacuum our couches but I use it in my car from time to time and it's ok in a pinch but not good for deep cleaning.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Maybe a set of Weathertec or similar floor mats to keep the sand out of the carpet? Even with a good vac that stuff is a bitch to get out.

jpplaw

Established Member
Luv my metro's - i have both a regular ac-powered vac/blo (great for scratchless drying of the car) and a 12vdc mini vac. The 12vdc isn't super powerful but it does work pretty good.

redrocket16

Established Member
Luv my metro's - i have both a regular ac-powered vac/blo (great for scratchless drying of the car) and a 12vdc mini vac. The 12vdc isn't super powerful but it does work pretty good.

Be cautious when using the vac and blo as both a vaccum and a dryer. If you dry the car and pick up dirt with the same vaccum it could get thrown right back on the paint that you picked up inside the car with the vaccum.

Users who are viewing this thread