Best build for a 93 tune?

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Alright guys I'm looking at starting a build this winter but I'm having trouble on finding a build with the most hp I can get off a 93 octane tune. E85 isn't available in my area yet so I'm stuck with 93.
Now what I have been thinking is going with a 2.3 whipple and cams (custom comp). I have bought a return style fuel system and 80lb injectors. I'm just having a hard time deciding if I should go with the 2.9 for room to grow one day or stick with the plans I have already.. Looking for 625 plus if it's possible. Will go e85 once I have it in the area!
Car will mostly be street driven and see the track maybe 4 or 5 times a year.
So if you guys would give me your input on what you would do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
93 only I'd go 2.3L whipple, seeing that you are going to throw E85 in the mix.. 2.9L

Yea the closest e85 is about 25 minutes away so it's gettin closer to me but no tellin when it will. 700 hp will be the most I want out of the car and that'll be with e85 if it becomes available

mach1033

Established Member
The 2.3 is all you need. You might as well get the heads ported as well. A 2.3 with all the supporting mods on E-85 will get you very close to 700rwhp at 21+lbs of boost. The 2.9 is a great blower as well.

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
The 2.3 is all you need. You might as well get the heads ported as well. A 2.3 with all the supporting mods on E-85 will get you very close to 700rwhp at 21+lbs of boost. The 2.9 is a great blower as well.

Thanks for your input. I've been subscribed to your build thread for months now hoping I could follow it!

Would porting the heads and new cams along with the 2.3 be too much for a 93 tune until e85 rolls my way? Livernois will be where I send my heads off to also

mach1033

Established Member
Thanks for your input. I've been subscribed to your build thread for months now hoping I could follow it!

Would porting the heads and new cams along with the 2.3 be too much for a 93 tune until e85 rolls my way? Livernois will be where I send my heads off to also

If I were to make a guess. At 17lbs of boost with the ported heads,cams, single TB and full exhaust you should be around 640 on pump 93

cobracide

Established Member
A 2.9 is a lot easier than using a 2.3 with cams and whatever else you may need to get 700. There are.infinite ways to get there, just pointing out the easiest one.

Users who are viewing this thread