Best Brake Pads?

JohnsMyName

Established Member
It's time for me to do the brakes. I ran a search for brake pads and couldn't come up with much. I know everyone says Hawk pads are the best, but I would like to get a dust-less ceramic pair. Is this going to be a performance compromise or can I get a comperable pad with out the dust?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I have Duralast Gold's in the fronts and they hook very well. The dust is not even there compared to the ones that were on the car when I bought it. I can wash the car, then a week later after DD use, the wheels still look clean.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I use EBC yellows. I would not recommend them for the normal person - they are quite noisy and race-oriented, but that is what I love about them. They come with chest-thumping bite.

- Julia

19Mystic96

Established Member
DONT GET RAYBESTOS!! terrible performance.. i just put them on my car, and my old ones gripped better than these raybestos when i stomp on the pedal..

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I had EBC green stuff on my wifes car and they squeeled worse than 10 piglets when breaking. I replaced them with Akebono pads and they are quiet, hav a positive feel to them and have minimal break dust. I'll be getting them for my car soon

they're expensive though...

JohnsMyName

Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
What is your main use for the car?

DD but I drive her hard. I want good stopong power, but want clean wheels. The HAWK's I looked at were $100 up front and $65 for the rear :eek: I had no idea they were so much.

Users who are viewing this thread