Best blower for a 281 2v?

z28WHAT

Got that Azzz sooo LOOOWW
Established Member
Northern Region of North Carolina...2005 NCAA NATI
Just wondering whih is the most reliable and durable s/c for a 281 2v..Iv ebeen leaning towards the procharger p1sc stage 2 10psi kit, buts some say they arent hte most reliable and that they restric air and that Vortec is better and can produce 10-15 more HP after tune than the p1sc kit...Im not to up to date on Vortec's models for the 2v, Ive mainly been looking at Prochargers..What do u recommend?

By the way, with a good safe tune, would 10psi be safe on a 281 2v with stock internals?

Heres the setup I wanna go with

Procharger p1sc 10psi
4" AFM power pipe
75mm TB
80mm air meter<--maybe the 90mm lighting air meter for later larger blowers
42lb inectors
03 cobra fuel pump
03 cobra tank

Then later on dwon the road forged internals...Any suggest this as being a ggood setup or should i go with a vortec? And should I run 8psi until I get the forged internals in.. Can u get a 10psi blower and just run it at 8psi?

b

SlwSVT

Established Member
You really can't go wrong with any of the big name blowers. Procharger, Paxton, Vortech. All the entry level blowers are fine for 10#'s of boost. I had an SQ S-trim on my 00GT and it was flawless. With the 6 rib setup it made 14#'s of boost without a problem. I also had a Novi1K on my 01 Cobra. But I am stepping that up with a Novi2k now. It is just as happy as pushing 8-10#'s of boost to pushing 18-20#'s. Either way you look at it, a safe tune or running extremely low boost to keep the car safe and long lasting. It's all irrelevant. These motor's are not built to handle boost. The ringlands are usually what go first. So, just plan on building a shortblock in the near future. But keep in mind, get a blower that you can grow with. Boost is addicting. You will want more and more. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread