best bang for the buck Help!

Untamed

Established Member
Ok guys I have $500 maybe more cash to drop on the cobra any ideas on what to buy(Go fast goods:burnout: ) I know its not much but in winter more will come.

What about prochamber,3.73s free instal on gears(dads shop), or pro-m 80mm,gears.?should I advance my timing if so what is it that I have to disconect before advansing and how much?

Current mods-
-American thunder cat-back.
-spec stage1 clutch.
-steeda cable/quadrent/adj.
-K&N filter, silencer removed.
-275/40/17 g-force kdw all round.
-msd blaster/cap,rooter/wires/ngk spark plugs.
-B&M short shifter.
-mobil1 5-30 oil.
-bbk progressive rate springs/new stock shocks/steeda c/c plates.

Oh Its a 1994 5.0 cobra

THANKS
Art

Last edited:

duane v

Established Member
Originally posted by Untamed
4.30 on a 5.0 isn't that a little to much gear
but I will look into the pulleys
OOPS!!! I would say 4.10 then...Just in case you go with a cam that will extend your rpm...I should have looked at your sig...my brain is stuck in modular land...DA Snake boy!!!

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Since you are pretty much stock, i'd say 3.73's, CAI, pro-m 80mm (on sale right now), and an intake. Buy a used intake, it will be much cheaper. You may go over $500 (depending on intake), but like you said, you may have more money in winter. I wouldnt waste your money on pulleys.

Advance timing to 14.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Disconnect the spout(next to the maf) before you adjust the timing. Set the timing to 14-15 btdc. 373 gears, mac prochamber, CAI are good choices. I would skip the pro-m and pulleys and HCI for now. Cobras do come with slight u/d pulleys.

Users who are viewing this thread