Best bang for the buck? Eaton+Nitrous vs Whipple vs KenneBell vs Turbo?

Best bang for the buck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
Guys, I am in need of some guidance! Winter is coming and I am planning my mod list for my mostly stock Cobra! I am really thinking hard about biting off the big one and blowing some money on a big power adder, but I need some opinions!

Right now, my goal is to have the most power I can, but I need it to be reliable as my Cobra is also my daily driver! The figure I have in my head is about 650-750rwhp on pump gas. Secondly, my budget is fairly flexible right now, but I'd like to keep the total bill around 5-6k.

Originally I had planned to do a Stage 5 Ported Eaton with a 4lb or 6lb Metco lower with a 2.9 Metco upper and then add a 125 or 150 shot from NOS for special occasions. But now after looking around, I am wondering if it might be a better (safer) option to just spring for a big power adder. Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks! :coolman:

95PGTTech

Established Member
2.3L whipple, ba2400maf, accufab tb, fuel system, 60lb injectors, tune. add whichever pullies and exhaust you prefer dial-a-boost. 650 to the tire all day long on 93 octane, tons of mid range torque.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
best bang for buck is easily ported blower with nitrous.

itll be nice power off the bottle, and awesome power on.

a big twin screw will be awesome power at all times, though itll hurt the pocketbook a bit more.

you can do the ported blower+nitrous+support for well under your $5-6k budget, probably half of that. You can also likely do one of the smaller twin-screws (2.3L Whip/2.2L KB) and stay under budget, especially if you find a good deal on a used blower, and you can always add nitrous on top of one of those...........the nitrous kit is probably one of the cheapest parts of your equation.

lucheski

Established Member
Port/Spray and get the Posi port
For Nitrous get the Harrispeedworks.com kit, It is a quality kit and a little less than the others. The solenoids are good for 250 shot I believe my tuner told me about this kit and it rocks.

There is a guy going consistent 10.05 with only port and automatic and will prolly be in the 9s soon. And many in the mid high 10s with just the blower.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I all depends on how fat your wallet is lol mine......not too fat so im going with the eaton plus nitrous that combo is very potent forsure....we'll see

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Whipple 2.3. You can make 600 rwhp on pump and 650 with a race gas tune. Plus the reliability of the whipple is excellent. You can find used 2.3 Whipples and 2.4 KB for a decent price these days. And then............spray on top of a twins srew!

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Nitrous is the best bang for the buck power mod there is. Only down side is having to refill the bottle. I say do the twinscrew route and see how you like that.
Also if you desire more you can always spray it.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Mortgage the house and rape all with twins.

If you go with the eaton and spray you will have money to upgrade the clutch and transmission also, which will need to be done along with supporting fuel mods. It will add up quick.

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone! :beer:

Nitrous is the best bang for the buck power mod there is. Only down side is having to refill the bottle. I say do the twinscrew route and see how you like that.
Also if you desire more you can always spray it.
I think I will probably take your advice! I figured a big blower and then nitrous on top would need a upgraded bottom end, which blows my budget. I really like the idea of 600rwhp or so on tap whenever I need it and then a bottle in the back for fun..

If you go with the eaton and spray you will have money to upgrade the clutch and transmission also, which will need to be done along with supporting fuel mods. It will add up quick.
That's a very good point.. That's my first order of business right now, which is trying to get all the supporting mods in place!

Fat-cat

Established Member
if you are looking to do it on pump i would go with the 3.4L whipple .. more parts required to make it work ( IE needs rails and bigger injectors ) and while you are at it you might as well go with a return fuel system but they make bigger power on the same boost and on pump gas. JMO if i had my time back again i would have gone 3.4... no need for a crusher inlet if you are not going to lean on the blower.

Iron Fist

Established Member
I think the Best Bang for the Buck (ie: cheapest route) is a ported Eaton and Nitrous.

However if your budeting 5-6K, I would be inclined to go with a Twin Screw and know the power is there when you want it.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
if you are looking to do it on pump i would go with the 3.4L whipple .. more parts required to make it work ( IE needs rails and bigger injectors ) and while you are at it you might as well go with a return fuel system but they make bigger power on the same boost and on pump gas. JMO if i had my time back again i would have gone 3.4... no need for a crusher inlet if you are not going to lean on the blower.

+1, If I had to do it all over again. I would have skipped the Ported eaton and 2.3 whipple and gone straight to the 3.4. It would have cost the same in the long run...

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Most power for cheapest amount of $$ is Pored Eaton + Spray period.

However, if you have the funds, I'd go big blower 2.8 mammoth or 3.4 Whipp + Spray and absolutely DOM on just about everything.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
Shit, I didn't see you had a KB 2.8 on there. I'd take back my Whipple post and get that bro

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread