Best AWD car under $15k

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
I've always owned trucks but now I'm leaning towards buying a car next summer. I honestly don't know much about cars (other than mustangs). So I'm looking for something reliable, good mpg, and fairly cheap to maintain. It'll definitely be a used car and year isn't important but I'd like it to have under 100k.

I was thinking of either an older WRX or audi A4. Performance isn't really that important just something comfortable. I'm open to any other ideas as well.

Thanks everyone.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Subie or Evo8/9 if you can find one unabused / unmolested at this point.

I'd steer clear of Audi/Vw anything. They shit turbos at 60-80k and if you aren't planning on upgrading and don't want to wrench on it too much you're gonna have a bad time.

G35X are good but Imo the 4dr g35 is just horrid looking. The vq motors are very stout and sound great with bolt-ons.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Audi AllRoad...will be snagging myself one of those one day.

OP, I'm assuming you shred based on your screen name? My first custom I built was a first production run Barcode...still hanging on my wall.

steve-099xlt

Established Member
Good gas mileage and wrx don't really go together. I know I only manage at best around 22-23 mpg in the summer. 19ish in the winter in my wagon. This is combined city/highway. Its not great but wayyy better than the 8mpg I get in my truck or the mustang.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

I had a '04 and really loved that car. Nice features, great ride, awesome attesta-ets awd system and good power from the vq35. It was very reliable for me too. Averaged about 20-24mpg beating on it every day.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
I'd steer clear of Audi/Vw anything. They shit turbos at 60-80k and if you aren't planning on upgrading and don't want to wrench on it too much you're gonna have a bad time.

Are you kidding me? I had a b6 a4 with the original turbo, 130k miles and was tuned most of it. Worked great, good enough that I still own the quarter mile record for b5/b6 a4 with stock k03 turbo.

Was the best winter car I have ever owned.

I eventually swapped the turbo and had a reliable, fast sleeper that is still turning strong for the next owner. Swapping parts and upgrading them is easy as any other awd car.

Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Mazdaspeed6

I've heard good things about that car. I'll look into it. I like the wagon option too, but what kind of mpg do they get?

Subie or Evo8/9 if you can find one unabused / unmolested at this point.

G35X are good but Imo the 4dr g35 is just horrid looking. The vq motors are very stout and sound great with bolt-ons.

Any car I get will not be modded. I've been in the Evo and it was really uncomfortable. At this point in my life I'd sacrafice speed/performance for comfort. I drive way too much to sit in something that has aggressive race seats.

Audi AllRoad...will be snagging myself one of those one day.

OP, I'm assuming you shred based on your screen name? My first custom I built was a first production run Barcode...still hanging on my wall.

I love the way audi's look both inside and outside. I used to ride, Taj and Joe were always my favorite riders. I still rock T1 shirts but I'm a poser now (I can't get hurt anymore). I have my fly bike hanging on my wall too. I wish I could ride like I used too.

Good gas mileage and wrx don't really go together. I know I only manage at best around 22-23 mpg in the summer. 19ish in the winter in my wagon. This is combined city/highway. Its not great but wayyy better than the 8mpg I get in my truck or the mustang.

I've always had trucks and was used to crappy gas mileage, but now I drive a 250k mileage civic that still gets 34-36mpg. I don't think I can go back to anything in the low 20s mpg wise. I'd like something around 26/28 minimum. So I guess the WRX is out then.

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
I love the way audi's look both inside and outside. I used to ride, Taj and Joe were always my favorite riders. I still rock T1 shirts but I'm a poser now (I can't get hurt anymore). I have my fly bike hanging on my wall too. I wish I could ride like I used too.

Taj and Joe's parts in Forward made my life when they came out. I still get out and ride with a few of the now-FBM guys from time to time, but my days of progression have been over for a few years, as I've exploded most of my body.

Sorry to thread jack, back to the topic...03/04 Allroads can be had for a good price, they get decent mileage (low 20s), are quick (TTV6), and you can lift/lower with the press of a button! Plus, it's a wagon, so you can throw your Fly in the back and slam a few rails!

Users who are viewing this thread