Best Aluminum Polish?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Interested in what you guys have found to be the best . I've used Nevr-Dull, no way, Mothers, pretty good, & now Diamond Brite truck box polish with the latter being the best so far. I sealed after polishing with Sheen Jenie Protectant. This is on mirror polished wheels & engine parts.
Anything better out there?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
http://adamspolishes.com/metal-polish-1.html

I used Britemax for years, but it's getting harder to find, so I just Got this stuff from Adams. Just as good in my opinion.

RC

It's hard to deny the results shown in the vid. Looks like some good stuff. It would be good to have some #1 around for a scuff or blemish that the #2 would be too fine for. Have you ever used Diamond Brite for comparison? I'll likely be getting some Adams to have in the garage.
I've got 2 cars with polished wheels, several with polished engine parts & plan on polishing 3 sets of Terminator exhausts this winter.
Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming!
What's everybody's favorite?

Last edited:

hoamskilet

Established Member
Haven't personally used it....just happened to remember that thread when I saw your question so I figured I'd pass it along. If its anything like the rest of HD's products, I'm sure its awesome

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Haven't personally used it....just happened to remember that thread when I saw your question so I figured I'd pass it along. If its anything like the rest of HD's products, I'm sure its awesome

Good to know. You know how it is with car wax & polish for paint, it's easy to end up with tons of different products until you find THE one you like best. I'd like to find the top 5 or so preferred aluminum polish from like minded shine freaks & stick with those. Maybe even mix some if one has a characteristic the other one lacks.
I'll add HD to the list!

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
Back in March I bought my Classics, when I was speaking to John I asked him pretty much the same questions. He suggested I go with White Diamond Polish, Ive been using that since my wheels arrived, its a great product and keeps my CCW's looking like chrome. I use my Terminator 3-4 times a week and even drive it in rain, the wheels stay looking flawless like when they first arrived. I wash my car just about every weekend and polish my wheels every other weekend.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I have CCW classics as well, polished aluminum lips and I used the Adams 1 & 2 polish and thought it looked good.

Interesting to hear that about White Diamond...I tend to stay away from the OTC stuff and noticed you can buy it at Advanced Auto

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
ive used that little blue magic stuff thats otc from autozone/etc with pretty good results. I dont get very fancy with it though, just exhaust tips and such. I did once use it for doing the entire catback on my Cobra and after the whole sanding process and two days of greuling work in the heat, it came out nearly chrome.

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
I have CCW classics as well, polished aluminum lips and I used the Adams 1 & 2 polish and thought it looked good.

Interesting to hear that about White Diamond...I tend to stay away from the OTC stuff and noticed you can buy it at Advanced Auto

I was surprised that Advanced Auto carried it but since the recommendation was coming from the owner of CCW I figured that he knew more than I did when it came to polishing lol.

Ill eventually try the Adam's polish and see if its worth the extra $.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Back in March I bought my Classics, when I was speaking to John I asked him pretty much the same questions. He suggested I go with White Diamond Polish, Ive been using that since my wheels arrived, its a great product and keeps my CCW's looking like chrome. I use my Terminator 3-4 times a week and even drive it in rain, the wheels stay looking flawless like when they first arrived. I wash my car just about every weekend and polish my wheels every other weekend.

Read some reviews & watched an online video on White Diamond. Fixing to order some! I like the protectant/polish combination idea. I have 2 cars sitting on CCW's so as you I know how slick the mirror polish is. Especially if John says its the stuff, there must be something to it. Even a coarse towel will scratch them, thats a fine polish job.. When you say you can even drive in the rain, that must be the protectant doing its job. I'm sold!
Thanks for the input & congrats on a sharp looking ride!

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
Read some reviews & watched an online video on White Diamond. Fixing to order some! I like the protectant/polish combination idea. I have 2 cars sitting on CCW's so as you I know how slick the mirror polish is. Especially if John says its the stuff, there must be something to it. Even a coarse towel will scratch them, thats a fine polish job.. When you say you can even drive in the rain, that must be the protectant doing its job. I'm sold!
Thanks for the input & congrats on a sharp looking ride!

Thanks for the compliment, this stuff has been working well since I got it. Ive polished my borla cat, canton overflow tank, Saleen Chrome wheels, & and a canton steering tank. Ive noticed that the water beads off the metal very well, Ive been lucky so far and havent seen any scratches on my wheels.

(Borla and Canton tanks were first wet sanded of course)

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm using wolfgang concourse metal polish and their sealant on my CCWs. These rims are 4 yrs old. I primarily use my PC and old orange or white 5" pads spinning about setting 3. The tighter areas I use finger pads. And yes....even rubbing too hard with a soft MF will scratch these rims. They're diabolical

IMG_1094.JPG

It will achieve near 100% mirror....but I'm not going to lie, that concourse polish is expensive. They also make two different heavier compounds that I have but have never needed to use them.

I'm going to look into that HD polish and also diamond.

latamud

Gearhead
Established Member
I like Wenol, blue and red tubes. I think start with red tube then finish with the blue. One is finer than the other.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I'm using wolfgang concourse metal polish and their sealant on my CCWs. These rims are 4 yrs old. I primarily use my PC and old orange or white 5" pads spinning about setting 3. The tighter areas I use finger pads. And yes....even rubbing too hard with a soft MF will scratch these rims. They're diabolical

IMG_1094.JPG

It will achieve near 100% mirror....but I'm not going to lie, that concourse polish is expensive. They also make two different heavier compounds that I have but have never needed to use them.

I'm going to look into that HD polish and also diamond.
That's a sharp pic hombre! Those look great for being 4 years old. I've got the 500's on one car. Haven't polished them yet. After doing the sp16a's, I can't wait to though. Will be much easier.
I've heard of the Wolfgang products. Looks like it's doing you well. If you try the white Diamond you can tell us your thoughts in comparison of the two.
I'm waiting for mine to arrive, then will test it on the 500's. There has to be THE polish that seems to be best overall. I wanna find it!
You guys' feedback is appreciated. I've got a lot of polished aluminum around here & I refuse to go Black!!

Users who are viewing this thread