best aftermarket seats for a bad back?

jwt390030

Established Member
Hey ya'll,

So I have two ruptured discs and one herniated disc in my back. My factory seats provide little to no support for it. I was wondering if you guys would suggest any different type of seat (corbeau sport, TMI different padded foam, etc.).

Any input would be awesome.

Cheers,

John

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I have Corbeau Legacy seats in my car, I wouldn't recommend them for a person with a bad back. Not enough lumbar support. I personally think they are super comfy but not for someone in your shoes.

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Im surprised the factory seats dont help with a bad back? They are perfect for my back, and super comfy. I wouldnt think that too many aftermarket seats would be DD comfortable. Are your seats worn out???

jwt390030

Established Member
Im surprised the factory seats dont help with a bad back? They are perfect for my back, and super comfy. I wouldnt think that too many aftermarket seats would be DD comfortable. Are your seats worn out???

I don't think they are the originals from the car but they have wear. I think my biggest thing is wanting a seat that is really firm and holds me in place. When I have an 01 Roush the seat bosters hugged me and the seats were really firm.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
If you could somehow add a piece of foam or something to the lumbar area of a Corbeau seat, that would be ideal. They hold me in place really well, makes the car seem like it handles better than it probably does.

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
Not sure about you guys but the stock leather seats are ultraaa comfortable. My second sn95 the stock one has cloth seats and they are THE WORST in terms of comfort

jwt390030

Established Member
These are the standard leather "sport seats" from an sn95. That's at least what style TMI Upholestry calls them. The back even with the lumbar pumped full of air still hurts on longer rides.

I could just be a crotchity old man at the ripe old age of 30. It is funny have none of this phased me when I was 16-21. :p

96redcobra

Established Member
I have always found new edge cobra seats to be more comfortable, i have a set of mach seats and would love them in my cobra. But charcoal gray doesn't match saddle all that well

Wobblie

If your back is messed up, you might have to shell out some coin. Don't buy a pair of mediocre seats, buy one good driver's seat.

jwt390030

Established Member
If your back is messed up, you might have to shell out some coin. Don't buy a pair of mediocre seats, buy one good driver's seat.

Was curious if the r500 sport seats would be good from TMI. Look like a totally different seat and we can use the rails and frame from stock seats.

Users who are viewing this thread