Best 67mm Turbo's?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Also, considering your goals, you may want to consider a huge custom FMIC similar to what Ryan has. That is one key to making big pump gas numbers. I know a guy who had a 4.6L with ported B heads, stock '96 cams, and a custom HUGE FMIC and he made close to 900rwhp on pump gas. For all out efficiency, some custom cams that are slightly larger than the OEM would prove beneficial. Revving it to close to 8K RPM's with a good flowing intake would help too. That friend of mine ran his to about 8000. Before he sold the car, the best run he had was at 17 PSI and he ran 141MPH. He never did make a run at 21-22 PSI. He was confident he would have been in the 9's at over 150MPH--all on 93 pump (I know you're running 91).

Anyway, just food for thought.....

I've got the Sullivan Lower and HPP Custom Sheetmetal Upper intake setup so I think I'll be good. :rockon:

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Good points so far.
One advantage I have is a 5.4 engine compared to a 4.6.
I run GT heads (ported) and GT cams (degreed).
I considered different cams, but typically you trade off down low torque/power for higher power band torque/power.
My GT cams pull great down low and will rev to 6500 rpms in my combo.
Peak power is right around 6300rpms on my stuff.
I see no need to rev the guts outta it if you don't have to! :)

I've only run mine at the track on the pump gas setting (19# or less) with the T56. While I couldn't get a 60 foot time better than 2.20's, I did trap 148mph. With the T56 my car was making right at 950rwhp on that boost level.

I will share this important tidbit with you, anything over 750rwhp is a waste on the street.
I run Mickey Thompson drag radials and even turned down on the street, my car still makes too much power. I can roll into it at 1/2 throttle in 3rd (Drive) and it will haze the tires as long as I hold the throttle steady.
Forget going wide open......it will tap the rev limiter in an instant!

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
Good points so far.
One advantage I have is a 5.4 engine compared to a 4.6.
I run GT heads (ported) and GT cams (degreed).
I considered different cams, but typically you trade off down low torque/power for higher power band torque/power.
My GT cams pull great down low and will rev to 6500 rpms in my combo.
Peak power is right around 6300rpms on my stuff.
I see no need to rev the guts outta it if you don't have to! :)

I've only run mine at the track on the pump gas setting (19# or less) with the T56. While I couldn't get a 60 foot time better than 2.20's, I did trap 148mph. With the T56 my car was making right at 950rwhp on that boost level.

I will share this important tidbit with you, anything over 750rwhp is a waste on the street.
I run Mickey Thompson drag radials and even turned down on the street, my car still makes too much power. I can roll into it at 1/2 throttle in 3rd (Drive) and it will haze the tires as long as I hold the throttle steady.
Forget going wide open......it will tap the rev limiter in an instant!

The only waste on the street is having all that power and not putting any effort into the suspension, my current setup is right around 900whp and with the little tricks done to my STOCK irs it dead hooks with nittos and leaves brake boosting from a roll like a big whipple car would from a dig.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
The only waste on the street is having all that power and not putting any effort into the suspension, my current setup is right around 900whp and with the little tricks done to my STOCK irs it dead hooks with nittos and leaves brake boosting from a roll like a big whipple car would from a dig.
What's your wheel/tire combo?

itSSlow98

Established Member
OP, I would seriously suggest contacting Comp Turbo about there oiless billet wheel turbos. They are getting the best reviews of any turbos ive seen lately. Precision has gone down the tube from everything I have seen.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Precision has gone down the tube from everything I have seen.
Not from what I've seen and experienced. If anything, they've stepped up their game with new technology. People are going really fast with their turbos including the fastest Modular in the world. Very good bang for the buck too.

Users who are viewing this thread