Bent Valve

BL0WN331

Established Member
Well today is a very bad day for my pocket. I just found out that I bent an exhaust valve in the 5th cylinder on the L. The head is not fully off but is on its way. So I don't know yet, what the piston looks like.

I was just wondering if this has ever happened to any one of you all?

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Well I wouldn't say it bent Bob (Office space...)
Picture_089_0.jpg

Picture_080_0.jpg

Broke the spring in 2 spots ont the #4 cyl. Dropped the valve, it bent... I guess. Found the valve stem in the Pass side cat. Retainer and spring in the head. Stock cams. Think the spring gave in the first spot a month before, then snapped again and let the retainer go.

BL0WN331

Established Member
Diablo Revolution, chip in a can... I do not have a predator. But I will have an SCT custom tune soon. Piss on a mail order tune...

tr

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Ahh, ok...so it was the chip and not the hand help tunner..had me worried for a second. Can't afford any major problems right now

Bootbox

Established Member
04SilverBullet said:
Ahh, ok...so it was the chip and not the hand help tunner..had me worried for a second. Can't afford any major problems right now

You're not totally in the clear though.

What tune are you running? Is it a custom dyno tune? A mail order tune from one the Lightning vendors at least?

If it's not, and you're running a pulley with just the stock Predator tune, you have to make sure that you have the newest version of the software on your Predator. The earlier tunes they came with were famous for grenading engines.

Users who are viewing this thread