Bent crankshaft

fr03cobra

Established Member
Engine builder said the brand new kellogg crank was bent by .003 is that common or no? Thanks

fr03cobra

Established Member
the builder already sent it to machine shop to have it straighten out. is that still bad?

Quick Strike

Established Member
I would have had the manufacturer straighten it, but that is what they would have done with it: straighten it and send it back to you. You should not have to pay for the repair.

Tractionless1

Established Member
the builder already sent it to machine shop to have it straighten out. is that still bad?

Good then he can incur the cost. Moving forward tell him you are spending your money not him. Everyone out there is going to nickle and dime you to death, better to learn sooner than later.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I guess he did not say anything about it before he sent it. He already got it back. Thanks.

In this day and age expect to be charged.

Case and point I'm buying a $1600 set of motorcycle racing leathers. Quoted price via email (no invoice provided) was $1600 with a 50% ($800) deposit and 50% ($800) deposit due upon delivery (right?). I get the invoice yesterday (the leathers are ready) and now there's tax and shipping included from the manufacturer to the local agent. I was prepared for the additional $800 as the original price wasn't $1600 + tax and shipping. I told them I have $800 for them and if they don't want to complete the sale to let me know so I can proceed. IE contest the orginal $800 with my CC co. so they're left holding the bag with a custom fit set of leathers and $0. Some Biz's have to learn the hard way.

I got my deal in writing and I'm still having an issue. You're completely in the dark on what you're being charged for vs. included. Be ready for a big surprise when the bill comes.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
In this day and age expect to be charged.

Case and point I'm buying a $1600 set of motorcycle racing leathers. Quoted price via email (no invoice provided) was $1600 with a 50% ($800) deposit and 50% ($800) deposit due upon delivery (right?). I get the invoice yesterday (the leathers are ready) and now there's tax and shipping included from the manufacturer to the local agent. I was prepared for the additional $800 as the original price wasn't $1600 + tax and shipping. I told them I have $800 for them and if they don't want to complete the sale to let me know so I can proceed. IE contest the orginal $800 with my CC co. so they're left holding the bag with a custom fit set of leathers and $0. Some Biz's have to learn the hard way.

I got my deal in writing and I'm still having an issue. You're completely in the dark on what you're being charged for vs. included. Be ready for a big surprise when the bill comes.

good lord that's shady as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread