Bent axle

solidsnakesvt

Established Member
I have a bent axle on my 98 cobra and I was wondering if I would have any problems installing a 31 spline track-lok and some alloy usa axles. What I mean is I rebuilt the rear-end about 5000 miles ago so if I changed out the differential will this mess up my gears since they are broke in and set up with the stock 28 spline differential. I already have the diff. and axles. Also if anyone has a stock axle w/abs ring they would like to sell me just to get me through until the weather warms up some let me know. Thanks.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
shouldnt be a prob. with the gears. just make sure backlash and everything is correct. i have a set of factory axles and whatnot, but i may keep them incase i sell the car and wanna put them back in. how did you bend the axle? ive only seen it in 1 car, buddy of mine used to run slick on his 98 cobra and launch at 4k... he went through a few of them till he finally upgraded axles

03cobramanIII

Banned
I have a bent axle on my 98 cobra and I was wondering if I would have any problems installing a 31 spline track-lok and some alloy usa axles. What I mean is I rebuilt the rear-end about 5000 miles ago so if I changed out the differential will this mess up my gears since they are broke in and set up with the stock 28 spline differential. I already have the diff. and axles. Also if anyone has a stock axle w/abs ring they would like to sell me just to get me through until the weather warms up some let me know. Thanks.
i got a stock 97 cobra axle man. i heard some gears make no noise after ,and some that did .after swapping.

solidsnakesvt

Established Member
Dont know how it got bent. Could of been like that since i bought the car and just never noticed it. Only reason i saw it is becuase I had the car on jackstands while it was running and I saw it. (checking for noises and leaks after i rebuilt the rear).

Users who are viewing this thread