Bench Warrant Question.

Joe5.0

Established Member
I have a buddy that has a bench warrant that was issued about a month ago for failure to appear in court. He is looking to fly out of state, and is wondering if he is gonna run into any issues.

Thanks for your help SVTP.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Tell 'em to just pay the ticket... Why make it hard on yourself?

And no, I dont think they would be able to but i'm not 100%.

jshen

Established Member
Bench warrant for failure to appear at what kind of hearing? If he is already entered into NCIC, I would not bet the bank he is'nt stopped. He needs to clear this up before he attempts to leave.

Keep in mind a bench warrant is an arrest warrant. If he has current charges and is out on bond, his bond may be forfeited, and he may stay in jail until his hearing.

Last edited:

rubber duck

Established Member
The TSA does not screen for warrants that are unrelated to their purpose such as traffic warrants. However, if he were to peak someone's interests, or just be that lucky guy that wins a thorough security check, and he was run through NCIC, he would be hooked and booked by the local pd. Tell your buddy to take care of the warrant. If he travels out of state and is hooked on the warrant out of state I hope his schedule is clear, as it could take weeks for him to make it back to make his court appearance.

Last edited:

mustanginky

Established Member
yeah the whole running out of state deal could bite him in the ass. if it's for a serious warrant and they'll extradite, then him leaving is a bad idea. if he gets caught up somewhere (it'll eventually happen, how many people NEVER get stopped by the police at any point in their lives?) and he could spend WEEKS caught up in extradition hearings, etc...besides that, if it's bad enough he's deciding to leave the state because of it, chances are he's in serious trouble.

fwiw, tell your buddy he's being a bitch by running and he'll be looking over his shoulder all the time. Of all the fugitives i've apprehended, most of them when i've caught them say after their caught they are glad it's over no matter what happens, because they get tired of running and watching their backs. I'm a Parole Officer, and when someone absconds, I'll hunt them down like a dog if I have any leads.

EDIT: perhaps i misread this, at first it sounded like he's trying to go on the run, but can't tell.

Users who are viewing this thread