Bench Racing Question????

Rem152

Established Member
I drive a 2006 Mustang GT with a Kenne Bell blower puttin down a healthy 440 hp to the wheels I recently did some suspension upgrades like lower and upper control arms and a panhard bar as well I've put some nice sticky Michelin Pilot Super Sports which are 295/30/20 in the rear and 255/35/20 in the front. So my question is based off what I listed on optimal track conditions and drive the hell out of the car. What would my quarter times look like? I should also mention I live at sea level so im trying to give as much detail as possible.

I know the best way to find out is actually take it to the track but I wanted to see what others have ran and what would be a consistent time more or less.

Cheers

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I'd think easy high 12's. For reference my 01 Cobra makes 440 at the tires too. I ran 12.0 @ 117 sitting on the rev-limiter for at least 100 feet (4.30 gears). I have stock suspension but a 275 drag radial.

SirShaun

Established Member
I've only ever ran the 1/8th in my 2006 Mustang GT on a 100 shot (Zex kit so more like a 75 shot). I have 20 x 8.5 Chrome Bullitt Replicas wrapped in NT555s.

Below is my time slip. Im Left Lane. The other lane was a new 5.0 with Track Pack. Back to the point you should be able to get into the 12's with more power and suspension than I had. My 1/8th mile converts to a 13.10. Put a real tire on it and go 11s.

GT Time Sheet.jpg

94_Vert

Established Member
Depends on your experience, a good driver could hit low 12's probably with good track conditions.

Mach828

Established Member
13-14 on street tires without much experience with the car drag racing. And 12s with slicks/drag radials and seat time.

Rem152

Established Member
May I ask what is the issue with Pilot Sports don't M'5, M'6 run pilot sports with more power? I was running P-Zero's and really did not like them. Any recommendations in that case for a DD.

Sladester2

Established Member
I've only ever ran the 1/8th in my 2006 Mustang GT on a 100 shot (Zex kit so more like a 75 shot). I have 20 x 8.5 Chrome Bullitt Replicas wrapped in NT555s.

Below is my time slip. Im Left Lane. The other lane was a new 5.0 with Track Pack. Back to the point you should be able to get into the 12's with more power and suspension than I had. My 1/8th mile converts to a 13.10. Put a real tire on it and go 11s.

View attachment 33803

Your times are way off for some reason. You are barely running better than stock times, and with a 100 shot ?:eek:

SirShaun

Established Member
Your times are way off for some reason. You are barely running better than stock times, and with a 100 shot ?:eek:

Car was tuned for a 100 shot, but zex rates flywheel so I was running a 75 shot in reality so it was running slightly rich. The 20 inch Bullitt Replicas are heavy. Car also has 3.73 gears, Charge Motion Delete Plates, and an Off Road H Pipe. The car I was racing was a 2014 5.0 Track Pack Mustang. I still got the light and I felt the car ran good considering the variables. Bottle Pressure probably sucked as I had just gotten bottled chilled and filled.

Regardless you can check out my YouTube channel, I have a few street brawls, one being a C5 Z06. The car runs good, I can't complain.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Yeah I don't think Michelins are really made to launch well like a good drag radial. Local guy was running 8.3-8.5 at my 1/8th track with just exhaust and drag radials in his '06 GT auto

Users who are viewing this thread