Beltronics and G-tech--any good?

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
I borrowed a Beltronic vector fx2 from a buddy of mine. Are they accurate or just a waste of money.

I did (3) 1/4 mile runs on the street today (never ran on a track).
I borrowed the unit so that I could work on launching the car, I am going to the track my first time on Saturday.

Here are the results (some of which make no sense to me):

1rst Run
13.22 @ 109.9 60ft 2.3

2nd Run
12.92 @112.3 60ft 2.18

3rd Run
12.80 @ 110.9 60ft 2.17

How can run 2 be a slower time, but a faster speed.

I am going to keep the unit in the car for the strip on Saturday just to see how close it really is. Thanx for any input.

Don

ralphy1798

Established Member
You can get different speeds and times depending on how much the tires spin. A faster time *can* mean a lower speed, depends on how you shift and launch.

TargeT

Established Member
I ran 14.2 @ 114 with a 2.something 60'ft at the track
then with slicks
12.2 @ 111.3

anylizing your time slips can tell you what your doing wrong, your obviously on crappy tires, or don't launch well (your 60fts are bad if that thing is accurate)
remeber that these "g-force" gages are very sensitive to vertical movement, make sure the road is flat when you do that stuff

speedtigger

Established Member
I have had a little experience with the g-tech in a friends 11sec nova. the g-tech seemed to be pertty close on the et but the mph was about 3 mph optomistic in his car.
the vericom products seem to very accurate(although they are now very expensive) on the mph. usually within .5mph but the et's can be up to .5 slower because of rollout.

Emil

Established Member
Just did a quick run in 1st gear for a hp/tq reading, I got 311hp/300tq. Seems the G-Tech gets more accurate readings in 2nd gear when the engine doesn't have to accelerate its mass too quickly and the wind resistance doesn't come into play too much yet. I'll let you know what I get when I run it. I know their hp/tq readings are in general pretty low, I just don't know how much. I'm guessing with the CAI I probably have 385rwhp. Unfortunately I don't have a place to do a 1/4 mile run.

toby

G-tech is generaly 3 tenths and 3 mph fast. I have owned mine for seven or eight years and it is still pretty consistant

Users who are viewing this thread