Belt squeal

sbrooks

Established Member
Just installed a 2.6 pullet with idler pulley and my belt squeals at start up. Just wondering if the belt may need replacing or if I can get it tighter to stop the squeal

Sinovac

Established Member
Before you check the belt tension, check the the way the belt runs on the pulley below and to the left of the supercharger pulley. This pulley has raised edges and if your supercharger pulley is misaligned on the snout (i.e. pressed on too far or not enough), the belt can contact the edge, creating a squeal. The belt must run clear of the raised edges. You can easily see it while looking from above. If your belt is making contact, adjust the supercharger pulley on the shaft.

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
mine has done it since day one..Evolution installed it. I have been wondering whats causing it to...

armycook1981

Established Member
I haVe squeal and slip only when letting off the throttle from WOT or when the convertor locks up hard.. Sucks but belt is tight and no signs wear any wear, talk to the builder and he explained its something thats in the design i think even the 3v have the same issues

sbrooks

Established Member
I adjusted the belt tensioner and the squeal is gone. It seems like I don't need the idler pulley either the belt is tight enough

2001Cobrabuddy

Established Member
I had the exact belt squeal problem after installing a 2.6 pulley. Press the pulley away from the shaft some and your problem will more then likely resolve itself.

Users who are viewing this thread