Belt slipping questions?

AUSTANG7958

03 TERMINATER VERT
Established Member
I am having belt slipping problems!:cuss: I am adding a two lb lower shortly and was wondering if I need to add the reichard racing belt tentioner to the setup. It is so damm exspensive though. I will if necessary but dont want to if it isnt. I was hoping the lower would be enuff to remedy the problem. Any experience, strength ,and hope will be apprieciated. Thanks

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
have you tried smaller belts and notched the tensioner? how much boost do you intend to run? your ported so you may be able to run a 4# lower. a lower should help and thats what i would do if i were you. my set up on my car is a 2.93/4# lower at 16lbs. i get zero belt slip and love the instant responce that a lower gives. I am not ported yet but am looking at that route some day.

AUSTANG7958

03 TERMINATER VERT
Established Member
Im gonna start with the lower and the if that dont cut it fork out the cash for the reichard. Thanks

TrickStang37

Established Member
I am having belt slipping problems!:cuss: I am adding a two lb lower shortly and was wondering if I need to add the reichard racing belt tentioner to the setup. It is so damm exspensive though. I will if necessary but dont want to if it isnt. I was hoping the lower would be enuff to remedy the problem. Any experience, strength ,and hope will be apprieciated. Thanks

how do you know your getting belt slip?

Users who are viewing this thread