Belt slip

sbvert04

Established Member
I have a full idler set and Billetflow 2.76 but I'm still getting some belt slip on a hard launch and hard shifts. Anyone know of any remedy other than buying a different tensioner? Thanks for any help!!

nycarpenter

Established Member
Thumper tensioner may help maters but 2.76 is a small pulley and even with the extra idler belt wrap is not all that good. Like 01cobravortech states if you notch the oem tensioner it will give you more travel to get a tight belt on. I usually pull the extra idler off get the belt on then have a friend unload the tensioner while I slip the 100mm back on. Be careful not to put to much stress on the oem tensioner as it will break if leveraged to hard.

sbvert04

Established Member
anyone have a link or thread on notching the tensioner? and what is carbonite and how is it done? THX

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^You'll see the small "nub" sticking out if you look where the tensioner mounts.

Also run a 100mm idler up for the snub idler and if the belt is "easy" to put on then it's to loose. It needs to be a pain.

I wouldn't upgrade the tensioner at all and I'm getting ready to post a support bracket from Metco to make the stocker more strong.

Posi-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread