Belt size confirmation / Idler location

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Hi All,

• yes, I have used Bob's guide + searched around the last two nights

Just got done installing a Metco 4# lower and after finishing the install I noticed my new Gates was squealing - obviously not out of the ordinary.

I was running a K080790 belt and it fit ok with the lower idler in the lower position including my metco idlers + aux idler but the thing would chirp constantly when it was cold.

In an attempt to get rid of the chirping I moved the lower idler in the upper position of the Metco idler plate... Unfortunately I think the K080790 belt is way too short.

Does anybody know which belt I should use with a 2.75 / 4 # lower / 3.2 Alt / metco idlers + AUX idler

K080806 - or
K080810?

any recommendation for a gatorback? Cant find any of those belts on Bob's site :bash:

Edit: I apologize for asking a mundane question, I just want to start working on the tune and drive the damn thing this weekend...

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Awesome link... Thanks

I'm running a K080810 for anyone interested.. It went on pretty easily by my self, the tensioner indicator shows right in the center, but I have a feeling once I do some WOT pulls this belt might slip. We will find out.

So far moving the idler to the upper position eliminated the belt chirp / squeal.

Users who are viewing this thread