belt shred - Thumprrrr discounts?

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Hey everyone my belt shredded on the way back from the dyno after making 2 incredible pulls on it (700+), so now i am looking for a belt tensioner. I heard the Thump rrr makes the best piece, so i was wondering if anyone knows any discount codes or the cheapest place to purchase? I just want to try and save a few bucks because i just shelled out a TON of cash to purchase this shelby and my driveshaft took a dump too :-(.

Thanks!

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
We have them and we have a discount code you can use online to save some money. The coupon code is "SVTPERF" and you will save 5% on the order, and that goes for most other parts you add to the order as well. The tensioner can be found in the link below...

Thump RRR Racing 07-2012 GT500 Heavy Duty Belt Tensioner [PM-1005-GT500] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

We also use this tensioner on our GT500 and it's certainly an awesome piece. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Can you be more specific about what happened to your driveshaft as well as providing any photos if possible?

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Thanks for the coupon code, it will be ordered here shortly.

I should have been more clear about the driveshaft. I just bought the car about 2 weeks ago and only drove it straight to the dyno @ 70 mph. While the car was on the dyno, the tuner told me there were very bad vibrations from 100-130, so apparently that steel custom shaft was already bad before i purchased it. I will be removing it and bring it down to a shaft shop here in Houston and have an aluminum shaft made that matches the 9" rear.

As a side note, does the accesory belt have to come out to change out the blower belt?

Users who are viewing this thread