Belt/Pulley Squeel

GunsGoBang

Established Member
Well yesterday i went out and started up the cobra and there was a slight squeel. I just figured it was normal because my napa belt squeels sometimes on start up. BUT this time it continued even after it has warmed up. Now it doesnt make any sound at idle but above 2k RPM it squeels like no other. I cant figure out if it is the belt or an idler. I have all metco idlers so i dont know if one of the bearings could have gone bad or something. I also thought it might be one of the inner pulleys? I havent heard of anything going wrong with the inner ones but i didnt want to count that out haha. Let me know if you guys have any ideas.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
How many miles are on the pulleys? Sometimes the bearings do go out.

hook982

Suicide Blonde...
Established Member
Take off yer blower belt and try it. Mine was the water pump bearing and an inner idler with 22000 miles

GunsGoBang

Established Member
Ill try the windex when im off work. I hope its not the inner belt or pulleys cause they look like a bitch to do. The idlers probably have 10-15k at the most.

speeder_0069

Established Member
i have the same problem i i took my belt off and spon every pulley and none of them made a noise....so i was thinking it was the inner belt but i hope its not......how hard are they?does anyone have a writeup how to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread