belt jump / twist issue! HELP!!!

Dan_Soprano

Boost is Cool!!
Established Member
Ok here's the deal,
I am getting ready to transfer down to Florida here in about a month, so a few weeks ago I drove the snake down to my Dad's house in Jersey to store it till I can fly up and drive it down to Florida. Well my dad and brother take it out 2 weeks ago, and of course beat on it a bit, which I really don't care about (we all know what it's like to have fast cars). My dad is a mechanic, and restores old chevy's in the side. Anyways, Talk to my dad and he says how he replaced the SC belt. I ask why, he says cause it flipped over 180 degrees. I say ok whatever. I talk to my brother and get the whole story. Turns out, they were together getting on it, he missed a 1-2 shift, bounced it off the rev limiter twice, then shortly after smelled burning rubber. Got it home and found the belt between the tensioner and SC flipped 180 degrees, AKA, the ribbed side was facing up. So needless to say, I am kind of upset. I have beat the car up pretty good at the track, on the street, and on the dyno, and this has NEVER happened to me. I don't get it. how could it flip like that? Has this ever happened to any of you guys? The car was 100% fine when I left it weeks ago. He said the motor is fine, runs fine, no knocking or ticking. I just don't get it. Any experiances would be appreciated. He already replaced the belt with a gatorback.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That sucks. And yet another reason that no one drives my car.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread