belltech c-notch Q

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
i just got the belltech notch kit and it says i have to modify the center truck bed crossmember and the center frame chasis crossmember and install rear shock extender. i thought all i had to do was notch the frame drill the holes and bolt everything together

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
i just got the belltech notch kit and it says i have to modify the center truck bed crossmember and the center frame chasis crossmember and install rear shock extender. i thought all i had to do was notch the frame drill the holes and bolt everything together

need to notch the bed crossmember so it clears the rear end pumpkin and need to notch the frame crossmember so it clears the drive shaft, you will need shock extenders if you are keeping your stock shocks or it will ride like crap with out them.

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
i have shocke extenders with strange shocks. my setup is as follows if it helps western hangers and shackles. i never heard of having to notch the bed and crossmember but the kit says to and wheni looked under the truck to check for clearance i did notice that the pumpkin was getting close so i guess its necessary. just wanted to make sure before i dove under the truck to do the install. also im doing it with the bed still on the truck since i dont have a place to put my bed..

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
either way it gets lowered the suspension travel is the same so would it matter . i just want to get everything done at once not finish up and have too climb under cause i have to notch the bed. i just concirned about the strength of the bed after cuttout a brace right in the center of the bed

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
I probably have one of the lowest static dropped L's on the site and I did not need to notch my bed in any way....

I am running a flip kit, c notch and a 2" shackle!

Users who are viewing this thread