Bellmouth inlets and velocity stacks

GBCoyote

Established Member
I'm running a wastegated setup currently. Wanting to get rid of some of my restriction and bay clutter. Anybody have any input on power increases with these? I know it'll bump PSI in normal setups, but since I'm wastegated will it just increase boost response since I'm capped at 10psi?

Car is only driven once or twice a month in Mexico so I'm not greatly worried about a filter, but it would be nice. I've seen several options that incorporate types of filter media or screens that I like. I'm mainly concerned about power increases or boost coming on quicker.

Also, I'm in an auto car. Where does the line from the intake pipe to the PCV system get ran to if I run without an intake? I'm running dual catch cans.

kdaly

Established Member
would love to see feedback on this too. I wish there was a small filter attachment option at the mouth of the centri's

Blu13gt

Established Member
I'm running a wastegated setup currently. Wanting to get rid of some of my restriction and bay clutter. Anybody have any input on power increases with these? I know it'll bump PSI in normal setups, but since I'm wastegated will it just increase boost response since I'm capped at 10psi?

Car is only driven once or twice a month in Mexico so I'm not greatly worried about a filter, but it would be nice. I've seen several options that incorporate types of filter media or screens that I like. I'm mainly concerned about power increases or boost coming on quicker.

Also, I'm in an auto car. Where does the line from the intake pipe to the PCV system get ran to if I run without an intake? I'm running dual catch cans.
I wouldn't imagine a boost increase since the waste gate would control that but you might see a minor increase in boost response.

As far as the PCV system goes you could always feed it directly to the exhaust post cat and O2 sensors. The exhaust will create vacuum if you build it with a venturi at the exhaust pipe. Otherwise you can just vent to atmosphere but then you won't get the benefits of suction with your PCV system.

Last edited:

GBCoyote

Established Member
I'd love for someone to chime in that has real world experience with these. Lots of speculation, really. I know turbos reap benefits but not alot of info for centrifugal blowers, no results with a wastegate setup.

GBCoyote

Established Member
I've yet to do this modification, but still pondering it. I really want a short stack filter setup for it but am having a hard time finding stuff that will integrate together. My theory is that the bellmouth will increase response pretty good. The intake tube seems like a huge restriction and I see most people take them off for that purpose alone. Worst case scenario, run without a filter. Best case scenario, find a bellmouth that fits a small filter around it.

WIST2013GT

Established Member
I've yet to do this modification, but still pondering it. I really want a short stack filter setup for it but am having a hard time finding stuff that will integrate together. My theory is that the bellmouth will increase response pretty good. The intake tube seems like a huge restriction and I see most people take them off for that purpose alone. Worst case scenario, run without a filter. Best case scenario, find a bellmouth that fits a small filter around it.

Have you looked at http://turbo-guard.com/buy-now/ or anything like that?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
You may see a slight increase in how fast the boost comes is. Maybe a 200-300 rpm difference at most. Usually we can pickup about 1-2 psi total with a bell mouth on a bigger power setup.

GBCoyote

Established Member
You may see a slight increase in how fast the boost comes is. Maybe a 200-300 rpm difference at most. Usually we can pickup about 1-2 psi total with a bell mouth on a bigger power setup.

Thanks for the response. Do you guys have any data on something of this sort used in conjunction with a wastegated setup? 2-300 rpms is no huge deal, but it could be the difference between a win/loss.

kdaly

Established Member
I want one but I want a filter on it. With my hood I cant go without a filter even if I only drive it on sunny days. I've still not found a great option.

GBCoyote

Established Member
I want one but I want a filter on it. With my hood I cant go without a filter even if I only drive it on sunny days. I've still not found a great option.

If you happen to figure it out please come back and chime in. It would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread