Being harrassed for DOT legal tires.....

OmahaStang

Established Member
NICE.. Nice comment about better things to do! that was good!!

if you would of had STOCK wheels and not 'hoosier' in big white letters i'm guessing he would have not even bothered you.. Just my opinion..

Thanks for the update on the end.. weird how they never want to be video taped but yet they have a dash camera in their car.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
That car would be impouded if I was that cop.....even if they are DOT approved, I'd still make those jackasses spend a couple hours in jail just for being smart-asses. They had a camera with them, they were obviously looking for somesort of trouble. I wonder what happened in court...I doubt it was just thrown away.

-Mike

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Yeah but the tires were, according to him, brand new. They are only DOT approved because they have one groove in them, if you can call them a "water channel" you'd almost be wrong. Those kinda tires should NOT be legal, but they are. I'd love to see that car in a surprise thunderstorm...I had bald Nittos and it was NOT fun, I can't even imagine those.

-Mike

JDsfastGN

Established Member
they were being perfectly polite, the officer would't admit he was wrong and it was after the ticket had been issued that he may have copped a small attitude... I would have as well if i was harasssed for something that stupid.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
some of us that run tires like hoosier dr's don't drive our cars in rainy conditions... if you watch the weather forcasts, you won't be caught in a storm. i've had my cobra for almost three years now, put 15,000 miles on it, and still haven't seen a single rainstorm. if a tire says DOT on it, then it's street legal!

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
6/32 is legal in many states , 5/32 is state legal in MD to pass state Inspection I believe still why make statements to the officer :nonono:

JDsfastGN

Established Member
booricua said:
6/32 is legal in many states , 5/32 is state legal in MD to pass state Inspection I believe still why make statements to the officer :nonono:

because even if he wasn't going to admit being wrong in this case to avoid being embarassed, maybe he will take this knowledge and not give a ticket to the next guy. He was wrong/stubborn plain and simple, they were still plenty polite to him until the very end, and even then that is nothing compared to the attitude im sure he has recieved before.

Users who are viewing this thread