Before and after dyno results from bolt-ons

yefferys50

Established Member
I'm sure this has been done before but here are my results. Both dyno pulls were done on the same dynojet (Quality Motorsports in Lewisville, TX). The before was stock with a 3" Kooks no resonator over the axle-pipes and 3" Kooks axleback. The car had about 5000 miles. The after pull was after a JLT carbon fiber CAI, Bassani o/r x-pipe, Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, and Lund Racing 93 octane tune. Gains were 36rwhp and 26rwtq at peak with below peak gains starting at 3500rpm. Everyone knows a tune and getting rid of the cats transforms these cars and I'm extremely impressed with the gains overall. Now the debate begins, save up to get a Hellion twin turbo kit or go with long tubes, Boss manifold and eventually a Paxton. Feedback welcome.

SCAN0089_zps4d44c696.jpg

Rct851

Established Member
nice gains...i have the same exhaust setup and think it sounds awesome. are you on the super low h&r springs? do your Oap ever hit the axle or anything?

if i have a fat chick in the passenger seat and go over a speed bump mine will tap. theres enough clearance, my problem is the muffler hangers need to be about 1/4" shorter to keep it hangin a tiny bit higher. im on bmr springs

yefferys50

Established Member
nice gains...i have the same exhaust setup and think it sounds awesome. are you on the super low h&r springs? do your Oap ever hit the axle or anything?

if i have a fat chick in the passenger seat and go over a speed bump mine will tap. theres enough clearance, my problem is the muffler hangers need to be about 1/4" shorter to keep it hangin a tiny bit higher. im on bmr springs

Yeah I'm on H&R Super Sports. The passenger side OAP was making contact with my axle until I installed my Bassani mid-pipe. I jacked them up pretty high before tightening so they clear pretty well now. The thing I do hate is how the Kooks catback sits low, I like your idea on shortening the hangers.

The only issue I have now with being so low is hitting the rear bumpstops when going through dips. Other than that the suspension is great.

Rct851

Established Member
my oap is weled to my x pipe (wanted to eliminate all possibility of leaks) so my only point of adjustment is at the axle back and oap's. ive fooled with it as much as much as i can and have come to the conclusion short hangers would be perfect.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
Always glad to see dyno results.keep em coming.i think the longtubes and paxton is more street car freindly.almost no maitnence and unit can be upgraded if needed in the future.just my op.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Very nice for the mods. Looks like a huge gain in the mid range and also almost 30/25 rwhp/rwtq at peak. Crazy that with a tune and no cats these cars pick up so much!

Users who are viewing this thread