Been a while... PICS of the track toy

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Haven't really had much time to play with this toy, but the bug is back and I'm looking to have it out on the track in January of 2011. Hope you've all been well. :beer:
16666435400282819272IM1MAIN565x421_A562x421.jpg

16666435401282819272IM102565x421_A562x421.jpg

16666435403282819272IM104565x421_A562x421.jpg

16666435402282819272IM103565x421_A316x421.jpg

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Very sweet, I love the T1 Saleen spoiler. What's with the cylinder in the trunk?
That's a Canton Accusump Oil System Kit w/ EPC Valve. The car has a 13 qt oil system on it for open track racing. The system provides additional safety and insurance toward the motors longevity under hard use.

amorrow

Established Member
Nice...I like the blacked out look and side-exit exhaust. I've learned black wheels are way to go when running race pads, as they'll look black by the end of a track day anyway, lol.

What suspension are you running?

And did you add the Accusump? Is there a need for a better oiling system than factory? I was wondering the adequacy of the stock oiling system, but I never added anything to mine. I just got tired of mine sitting in the garage, so I threw some track tires on it and started running solos with it, but starving the engine of oil or overheating it is the last thing I want to do.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Thanks! The car is on coilovers front and back. It also has an MM Panhard Bar, subframe connectors, strut tower braces, and a 6pt cage. Lots more I'm missing, but that's some of the foundational chassis and suspension upgrades.

It seems as though these motors are sometimes sensitive to oil starvation when driven hard at the track so it was an extra precaution I wanted to take to make sure the motor continued to perform. The stock oil system capacity is I believe 7 qts. Mine is now at 13 qts with the accumsump installed and is monitored by an EPC valve so I don't even have to think about it.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Hey man, I was wondering where you been for a while!

Hows your cobra running? Love the track toy.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
hey man where would i find a wing like that???

I setup a group buy for this wing about a year ago on this forum. I believe only 10 were made. Tiger Racing custom made these for those who wanted them. They are very light and functional. When TR tested it on the track the driver said he could really feel the rear of the car squat at higher speeds.

I had forgotten about your track toy. It looks ready to take on any challengers:rockon:

:beer: Hoping to have a slew of new pics and videos at the track sometime in January.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Planning more suspension modifications at the moment. Looking to pick up a MM Torque Arm setup with a rear sway bar (most likely weld in unless MM tells me the bolt on will do). Typically, weld in is always stronger so I will most likely be going that route.

The car already has a MM panhard bar on it and coilovers among over things.

Last edited:

Nemisish20

Established Member
Thanks! The car is on coilovers front and back. It also has an MM Panhard Bar, subframe connectors, strut tower braces, and a 6pt cage. Lots more I'm missing, but that's some of the foundational chassis and suspension upgrades.

It seems as though these motors are sometimes sensitive to oil starvation when driven hard at the track so it was an extra precaution I wanted to take to make sure the motor continued to perform. The stock oil system capacity is I believe 7 qts. Mine is now at 13 qts with the accumsump installed and is monitored by an EPC valve so I don't even have to think about it.

13 quarts is WAY too much oil for that engine with an accusump and one of our pans or any pan for that matter.

I work for canton and i am the tech guy over here.

I HIGHLY suggest dropping at least 5 qts out of the system.

Think about it like this.

The stock oil pan & fitler have a 5.5 QT capacity. The accusump you have is a 3 Qt. In reality it is about 2.75 qt due to the pre charge of air on the other side of the piston. Now you are at 8.5 qt with all of the lines etc.

Where is the other 5 qts going to go?

You are going to cause serious engine damage if you have 13 qts of oil in there.

Car looks great, accusump setup looks great just make sure you have the correct oil level.

If you have any questions about the accusump or any canton product pm me and i will be gladto help you out.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
13 quarts is WAY too much oil for that engine with an accusump and one of our pans or any pan for that matter.

I work for canton and i am the tech guy over here.

I HIGHLY suggest dropping at least 5 qts out of the system.

Think about it like this.

The stock oil pan & fitler have a 5.5 QT capacity. The accusump you have is a 3 Qt. In reality it is about 2.75 qt due to the pre charge of air on the other side of the piston. Now you are at 8.5 qt with all of the lines etc.

Where is the other 5 qts going to go?

You are going to cause serious engine damage if you have 13 qts of oil in there.

Car looks great, accusump setup looks great just make sure you have the correct oil level.

If you have any questions about the accusump or any canton product pm me and i will be gladto help you out.

Appreciate this. I actually have a canton road race pan and windage tray as well on the car, which I believe increased the oil volume further. I'm probably over estimating 13 qts.

Nemisish20

Established Member
Appreciate this. I actually have a canton road race pan and windage tray as well on the car, which I believe increased the oil volume further. I'm probably over estimating 13 qts.

I would say 10 to 10.5 QTS max. Depending on the filter and the accusump being in the trunk you do have a decent amount of line.

The last thing you want to do on your track baby is to have a failure due to having too much oil.

Users who are viewing this thread